Chapter 37 part 1

Song above is called Middle by Dj Snake! Hope you like it!

Enjoy!

************************************

I continued to hum a random tune as I mindlessly played with the hem of Henry's shirt. His arms were still around me since I was basically laying on top of him.

Memories came flooding to my mind and before I went to Henry's room, Janet told me that it was her with him that night. When she told me, I had mixed feelings about it.

At first, I was angry. Angry at the fact that it was her in the first place. But then, I felt deceived. Like I lost his trust, when he told me that I had nothing to worry about. That she wouldn't come between us. Well look where that got us.

But I knew he was drunk that night, was with Janet and didn't know what he was doing. So I know I can't hold a grudge against him for that. Can I?

Well, you did give him hell already.

True.

Now it's time to forgive and forget. Ugh. I felt a small part of me that is still angry for being so weak.

But what he did was a drunk mistake. He didn't know what he was doing.

Ah, the same excuse. 'Drunk mistake'.

Great, I'm doubting myself.

I sighed heavily, causing Henry to wake up, and his eyes opened, revealing his dark blue, alluring eyes.

"Morning." I smiled brightly at him.

He returned the smile that sent butterflies to my stomach. "Morning." His voice said huskily.

Suddenly, the door was barged open, and Elliot made an appearance with a smile on his face.

Why is everyone so happy?

"Rise and shine Henry! Time to get- ugh, again Joy?"

"Sorry." I said sheepishly.

Henry sat up, causing me to sit up with him, "Nah, it's okay. I'm just gonna go take a shower."

I glanced at Elliot who was excitedly watching him walk into the bathroom and as soon as the door closed, Elliot rushed over to my side.

"Alright Joy, you need to listen carefully and listen well. Henry may not like it but today is his birthday."

I gasped, "Really? Wait, why wouldn't he like it?"

"It's not my place to tell but don't let him know that you know. And I have a plan."

"Go on..."

"So you know how he has the water element and all that?" I nodded. "Well today, I rented the whole beach for us-"

"Hold on, you guys have a beach?! How come I didn't know?!"

"You never asked," he answered simply. "Anyways, I need you to keep him distracted until it's time. Can you do that?"

I nodded again.

"Oh, and don't forget a bathing suit." Then ran out the room.

I sighed as I ran my hand through my tangled hair.

Today is Henry's birthday?

I wondered why Henry doesn't like his birthday. Maybe it has to connect to his family in a way. And it would explain his harsh feelings towards his parents.