Chapter 27

"Focus." He said sternly.

I put all my attention on the object in front of me and studied its features. It was small and round, with a soft, black cover around it. There was nothing nor no one distracting me as I had my eyes trained on the ball.

Following the instructions, I held my hands on the side of the ball without touching it, closed my eyes and pictured the ball, hovering over the stand it was placed on.

Although it felt like forever, I heard someone clapping in the background. I opened my eyes to find the ball floating at least a foot in the air!

"I did it!" I beamed at Elliot and Eli as clapped for me.

"Well done, especially for a beginner," Elliot patted my back, "but you still need to work on the Air element."

I nodded in agreement. We were all in the training area, working on my Air element. But I gotta say, Elliot and Eli are good teachers.

After my date with Henry, we came back and he left on heck of a mind blowing kiss right before I went to my room. Then I spent almost an hour explaining what happened during the date to Sam and Eli.

"So, how do you feel?" Eli asked excitedly, but I still see the dark circles under her eyes.

"Yeah, just a little worn out, but what about you? You look like you haven't had enough sleep."

She shook her head, "I'm fine, don't worry about it."

I sighed in defeat, "Fine." I still looked at her and wonder what's going on in that head of hers. I hope her brother notices too.

"Well I'm going to take a shower, I feel all sweaty now." I said as I walked out the place.

.

.

Me, Henry, Robert, Eli, and Elliot were lounging in the living room as we all talked about mindless things.

Eli was sprawled out on the floor, Robert sat next Elliot, playing some weird game with their hands, and Henry laid his head on my lap as we both sat on the love seat.

As I ran my fingers through Henry's hair, I spoke up, "You guys wanna hear a story of my childhood?"

"Sure." Robert and Elliot said at the same time, as they still were in their game.

"Hmm, how about the first day of school for me in middle school...." I started.

It's the first day of school and my stepmother is giving me another speech about my safety.

"It's fine." I interrupted her, "it's just the first day of sixth grade. What's the worse that can happen?"

"A lot can Joy." She deadpanned. "Just be careful, okay?"

"Love you too!" I said as I hoped out the car and ran to the front doors of the school. I looked back to see stepmother still in her car, glancing at me, then gave me a reassuring smile. I waved back as I headed inside.

Walking through the halls of the school, there were already students filled in halls, walking briskly to their classes. Some bumped into but apologized quickly, but there was one that really pushed me hard to the floor and my books spilled out my bag. Laughter filled my ears as I looked up to see a blonde haired boy with green eyes, glaring at me. Then he screams at me, "WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING YOU UGLY FREAK!" His voice screeches.

Suddenly a girl comes from behind him, grabbed his shoulder, and landed a punch right on his face.

He fell to the ground, clutching his nose as he cried out in pain.