Chapter 5

Enjoy;D

*****************************************

Run. Just keep running. Don't stop.

I look behind me to see the same two men that were in my other nightmare chasing me. They were coming in close. Too close. My breaths were getting shorter and more painful in my chest. The uneasy feeling in my stomach only got worse and my legs were becoming more and more weak. As I continued to run, tree branches was hitting my face, twigs were getting in my hair, and I stumbled into rocks along the way.

Keep running.

"Cathy!" One of their voices boomed.

I felt tears streaming down my face as I tripped over something and scrapped my knee. I felt the pain in my knee but adrenaline kept me pushing. Their voices and steps were getting closer and closer. I struggled to get back up because it felt like my knees were going to buckle, but I pushed myself anyways.

Up ahead, I see an opening. The night sky was slowly turning to blue and I could see the moon shining down between the leaves. There's an open field, green grass scattering across the land. Someone is there. The closer I got, the more I could figure out who it was.

Henry.

A wave of happiness, relief, and excitement washed over me. My heart pound against chest, my entire body shake from excitement, and my mind slowly clears away. All of the emotions gave me more than enough energy to reach to him. To be safe.

With him.

"Joy...." I heard someone whispering my name. "Time to get ready." Roses said.

"Ready for what?" I asked groggily as I sat up. I blink multiple times to clear my vision.

"Remember you are meeting with the King. You also need to eat and freshen up."

"Okay." I sighed as I rubbed my eyes. "So what's for breakfast?"

.

.

.

After eating breakfast, I took a quick shower. About 20 minutes goes by and I'm still standing in my towel, trying to figure out a dress to wear. I'm not that type of girl that would do this. 20 minutes is the least amount of time most girls would do. Although, making a good, first impression is the only pressing matter right now.

I finally picked out pretty and simple dress. It was a dark shade of red, burgundy almost, soft, outer layer of lace from shoulder to mid thigh, and a shiny leather black belt around the waist. I rummage around in the closet for shoes and surprisingly, they already knew my shoe size too. Weird. I slipped on black flats and glanced at myself in the mirror. I played with my hair a little, trying to decide how I should style it, but eventually chose to let my hair down.

I stare blankly at my reflection and fiddled with my dress. It was a really nice dress I'll admit, but I wasn't used to wearing nicer things. I wonder if this is good enough. I wonder what Henry would think.

There was a knock on the door that startled me a bit. "Come in!"

"Hey, you ready yet?" Henry asked as he made his way over to me.

"Hi." I replied and continued to stare at myself in the mirror. I glanced at his reflection for a moment and then focused my gaze on myself.

"You okay?" He asked and turned his body towards me with his arms crossed over his chest.