Chapter 18

"N-Nothing. Nothing is happening." I said, still looking at Henry.

"Oh really? Well it sure does look like something is happening." He took a step closer and his eyes travelled to Roberts hands that still rested on my shoulders.

Robert got the message and put his hands down and took a step back. "Look, you know I wouldn't do anything behind Sam's back like that."

"Hmm, so why was Joy hyperventilating like that?" Henry asked.

I saw Robert about to answer but I quickly jumped in, "Wait, can you keep a secret?"

"See! I knew there was something going on!" Henry shouted.

Rolling my eyes, I said, "Would you just listen! There's is absolutely nothing going on between Robert and I, so you better get that through your damn mind. Got that?"

Both Henry and Robert stared at me with wide eyes, shocked. Then Henry just nodded while Robert snickered.

"Good. So now as I was saying, Sam's birthday is coming up and I want to throw her a party. But you can't tell her." I warned him.

"So that's why you were just shaking like that? Because of something so little?" Henry asked.

This time, he got to me. I was just so stunned at what he just said.

"Here we go...." I heard Robert mutter.

Sam's POV

I twirled around in my favorite bright green, strapless dress which came down right below my knees. Most of the times when I have nothing better to do, I would try on dresses I've bought just for fun.

"I really like that other black dress, if you were wondering." Elizabeth said.

"No I wasn't wondering, and I don't like that dress." I snapped.

"How can you not like that beautiful dress? It's the best one I've seen in my opinion." She argued.

"Is not."

"Is too."

"Is not."

"Is too!"

"Is not!"

"SHUT UP!" Elliot complained who was laying down on my bed.

"Stay out of it!" We both screamed.

And then we all started yelled at each other and for what? A dress.

Yet a really ugly one.

"Woah! Woah. Woah......" Robert barged into my room but the second he looked at me, he trailed off. His eyes traveled along my body slowly until he looked back into my eyes.

Someone cleared their throat which made me jump a little and I saw Elizabeth looking between Robert and I, but settled on Robert. "Yes? Is there a reason why you're here?"

"Uh, yeah. Why were you guys all shouting at each other like that?"

"It was over some dumb dress." Elliot spoke up.

"And you were in this too?"

"It was because they were both arguing and I was trying to get some sleep."

"That's why you have your own room." Elizabeth retorted. 

"So I can't be with my favorite sister and my best friend?" Elliot asked jokingly.

"No." She gave him a sharp look.

He clutched his heart with his hand, "Ouch."

Soon enough, we all started laughing.