Chapter 16

Worst. Hangover. Ever.

I groaned into my pillow as my head continued to pounded harder and harder. I just want this dreadful moment to pass on.

"I told you my drinks were strong. I warned you." Robert scolded me.

I turned over to face Robert, who is smirking at me. I turned back over and said, "Go away."

There was a soft knock on my door and Robert went over to open it. Then he and the other person on the other side exchanged words. Finally, I see the all to familiar dark blue eyes looking back at me.

"Hey Henry...." I spoke into my pillow, knowing he didn't even hear me.

I felt the side of my bed dip and someone's hand stroking my hair. I opened on eye to find Henry looking back at me. For a second, I saw something flashed in his eyes but quickly covered it up with a smile.

Just two words I said and sucked all the energy out of me,

"I'm...tired..."

There laid, five still bodies. Not a single of life in this dark cold place. Nothing could break this lifeless, but yet powerful force.

I couldn't do anything to stop from her continuing what she wanted to do. Now she's done it. The cruel lady has actually done it.

Out of nowhere, a wicked, sick, lady's laugh rang through my ears. It became louder and louder, but I couldn't see where or who it's coming from. My eyes flicked from the bodies to the darkness that surrounded me.

As the laugh increased, so did the beating of my heart. It was so loud, my ears could possibly bleed.

Then there was nothing.

Nothing but darkness.

The laughter, gone.

The bodies, gone.

The constant beating of my heart, gone.

"I love you Joy Wright. And don't you forget that. Okay?"

And those were the last words before my eyes snapped open I had to blink a couple of times to know where I am. My eyes scanned my empty room as a wave of dizziness washed over me.

I tried sitting up and carefully even out my breaths. But it was undeniably hard when I'm too busy thinking about the nightmare. Also hearing that bitter laugh continued to ring through my ears.

That's when I got an idea to go visit the library.

.

"T....Te....Tel..." I murmured to myself. My fingers raked along the books as I tried to find a specific one.

Finally my eyes landed on exactly what I wanted.

I quickly pulled out the thick textbook and set it down on a nearby table.

I skimmed the cover and see,

Queen Telma the Terrible.

There wasn't a picture of her but a black background.