Only You , Only Us ( Harry Styles )

I shot up in my bed, panting hard. My hair stuck to my forehead and my clothes were like a second skin. I let my eyes adjust to my surroundings; I was still in my room. It was just a dream, I told myself with a sigh of relief. However, that didn't stop me from wondering, why it was always the same dream. It was like a memory haunting you for all eternity and you could never get rid of it. A spooky feeling had crept upon me; I looked around my room and shielded my eyes from the sunlight that peeped through the crack in the curtains.

That sunlight told me one thing and one thing only. It was morning; morning meant college. Today I was to start a new college and meet new faces that I have never met before. I shuddered at the thought. I wasn't the one to cope with change and new things. I breathed out slowly; I'm sure I'll be fine, I reassured myself. After all they were ordinary people like me, I think.

I heaved myself out of my bed and glanced around my room. Piles of house removal boxes were stacked in corners, I sighed. I had a lot of unpacking to do, when I came back from college. I missed the old house; I missed my old room, where all my childhood memories lay. Yet, I knew that my happy memories weren't the only ones I'd left behind. I left behind the reminders of the hard times I had, but somehow they continued with me in my nightmares. I shook my head trying to erase the memories of my dream.

Tears started to brim in my eyes, threatening to spill. I took a deep breath and pulled myself together. I wasn't going to cry, not today. I couldn't afford to get swollen eyes just before my first day of starting a brand new college. I pulled my messy hair back in a bum and wiped my eyes. First of all, I needed to take a long warm shower; just to fade things away.

I walked into the bathroom and stripped myself naked, before turning to look at myself in the mirror. My hair looked like a birds next, and my eyes were showing signs of tiredness. But what caught my attention was the scar that was in between my right shoulder and neck. It was about the size of a thumb and was light pink in colour. I still remember how it got there. I remember the day Damen chased me and made his mark. It's the day I would never forget; ever.

I blinked a couple of times bringing myself back to reality. I wouldn't upset myself thinking about the past; not today. I jumped into the shower and turned the water on, letting the hot water droplets trickle down my neck and back. The steam set around me, causing condensation to form on the mirror. I began to massage my body and scalp, getting rid of any dirt.

Once I'd finished, I wrapped myself up in a big white towel, letting it absorb the water droplets that were still dripping of my body. I slowly walked back into my room and grabbed my brush off one box. Brushing my damp hazel hair, I examined myself in the mirror. No major spots, thank God. I let my hair loose to air dry, whilst I opened my wardrobe. If I was going to a new college, I needed to make a good 'first impression'. I stared at the piles of clothes; it looked like a tornado had just been here. I sighed, what on earth was I going to wear?

First of all I decided to go all 'flowery'. I took out a creased flower printed top, and pale yellow lacy leggings. I put the two pieces of clothing and faced the mirror. My mouth dropped open; it was a fashion disaster. I threw the clothes back in my wardrobe, not caring to hand and fold them up. What else was there for me to wear? Just then a red and black tartan shirt caught my attention. It was peeking out from the huge pile of clothes. I pulled it out, grabbed a black hat and some brown boots. Once again I held the clothes out in front of me and examined. I looked like a 'cow-girl'. There was no way I was wearing that. I sat on the edge of my bed and sighed. Was there really nothing to wear, in that big heap of clothes?

Suddenly, my head perked up at something that caught my attention. Right there, hanging on the railing was a pretty, pale yellow dress. It was 'above the knee', and has a strap of silk yellow ribbon around the waist. That looked good; I thought and slipped it on. I added a light blue jean jacket to my outfit and slipped on some fabric flat shoes. To top it all off, I dug out a small side bag from one of the boxes and found some feather earrings. I glanced in the mirror... perfect.

Finally I combed all my curly long hair over my right shoulder. It covered my scar, so no one would ask questions. Ever since it got there, I always wore my hair to the side on the right. I didn't want to tell people about the past of it; I did not want to think about it at all. The reason being, because I knew I would break down and start crying. I shook my head; I needed to stop thinking about the scar. I applied mascara to my long lashes, and fluttered them in the mirror. Smiling at my reflection I skipped downstairs.

"Morning honey." Dad sang in his deep rusty voice, as I appeared on the stairs. Dad was by the stove, busy making pancakes in his pyjamas. He looked so tired; must have spent the night unpacking the kitchen things, in order to make breakfast. I came up behind him and gave him a big hug. Dad chuckled, when I took a pancake from the tall pile on the plate.

"Yum, better than ever dad!" I mumbled with a full mouth, smiling. He shook his head at me and smiled back, before giving a disappointed look at my brother.

My brother, Jake, was sitting by the table, half-asleep, in his pyjamas. I crept up behind him and gave him a big squeeze. "Wake up, sleepy head!" I shouted, in a singing sort of way, just as an annoying little sister would. Jake, sat up straight and ran his fingers through his curly brown hair, then rubbed his eyes until they were wide-open; you could see his hypnotic, green-grey irises.

"Good morning to the most maddening, little sister on earth." He croaked in a tired cocky voice, whilst rubbing his eyes. I smiled and sat opposite him, nibbling on my pancake. I finished eating in less than ten minutes, eager to get to college on time. "Whoa, slow down there." Jake chuckled. I winked back at him, flashing my pearly whites.

"Bye dad!" I sang, as I gave him a goodbye hug. Dad hugged me back, kissing my forehead, before pulling away. I looked towards my big brother; Jake held his arms out waiting for a hug. I crossed my arms around my chest and rolled my eyes. Jake pouted playfully before imitating my actions. I laughed and gave him a quick squeeze, before walking out the front door.