HOMEE!

I bit into my green apple. It was so sour I pulled a weird face. I heard the laughter at my expression, but the loudest of them all was Zayn. He looked like he was about to fall of his chair. I smiled at the fact I amused everyone. The laughing calmed down and Lou started a conversation about carrots. God, I was so bored. Niall wasn't even listening because he was too busy munching away. Harry fiddled with his hair. Dani and Lou were both looking at their phones, so I'm guessing they were chatting to each other. Eleanor had her arm linked through Lou's, she looked like she was interested in the convo, adding a 'yeah' occasionally. Wow, these people were so different from my friends at my old college. I wondered what fun times we would have together, when suddenly my thoughts were interrupted.

"What happened here?" the dark haired boy, Zayn, asked me whilst staring at my scar. Crap my long curly hair wasn't covering it up anymore. I quickly pulled my hair to my right shoulder. "Urm..." I didn't want to say it. I looked at Harry, he had a tense look on his face. It pained me to see it. Harry shook his head to indicate don't tell, he was the one that supported me. All sorts of mixed feeling were inside me, I wanted to cry, and I wanted to tell someone. I want to let it all out. However, what if I did? What would they think of me then? No. I can't. I have to keep it a secret. My eyes started to well up. "Are you okay, love?" Asked Lou. "I...I have to go..." with that, I got up and left the canteen in a hurry. Hoping to get away before I burst into tears.

I wondered around the school, not knowing where I was going, or what I was going to do. Then I came to a narrow hallway where nobody was. I leaned against the wall and slumped down. I looked at my watch through blurry watery eyes. There was still half an hour till lunch finished. What was I going to do? I couldn't go back to them, they'd think I was weird and ask me why I didn't tell them. Poor Harry must be sitting there worrying. They might have asked him, how I got my scar. Oh God, please don't let anybody find out. I took long deep breaths, to calm myself down. I closed my eyes and felt my thick tear roll down my red cheeks. I stayed remained silent, until I felt something warm next to me.

I opened my wet eyes and looked to my side. It was Zayn! Great, he's going to think I'm all sensitive and weird. "Hey." he whispered in a soothing tone. I gave him a forced smile, because I knew I have some explaining to do. "Zayn, I don-" I started to say when he put his finger to my lips. He was so warm; he smiled and then took his finger away. "It's ok, you'll tell me if you want and when you're ready. I did not mean to upset you in any way. I'm sorry." he apologized. I sighed in relief, happy to know he was an understanding person. "Thanks." I smiled back, for real this time. He just put his muscular arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. I happily layed my head on his chest, while he ran his finger in my long brown hair. We stayed there until it was the end of lunch.