The past

I woke up with a foot in my face. I hastily shoved it away and heard someone groan from the other side of the bed. I sat up, surveying the scene before me. Zayn was sprawled out on the right side of the bed, Niall lying on top of him, and Louis and Harry were stretched across the bottom of the bed. I looked for Liam and found him on the floor to my right. I pulled my legs out of the covers and walked out of the room, careful not to disturb anyone.

I made my way downstairs, heading directly for the kitchen. I pulled out some bread, eggs and cinnamon and cranked on the stove- I was craving French Toast. I started making breakfast enough for us all, because I knew that the boys would be up soon. I started making the food, and got into rhythm- grab bread, cover in eggs and cinnamon, place on frying pan, put on plate. Before I knew it, it was 10:30 and I had a huge stack of French Toast on a platter. I pulled out six plates and laid them out on the table, then went back to the kitchen to grab the toast. I put it in the centre of the table and grabbed a few pieces for my growling stomach.

I was about to sit down and start eating when I remembered syrup. You should never forget syrup. I went back to the fridge and grabbed the essential ingredient. I began to eat when Niall walked down. "Hey, Nialler." I welcomed him as he lazily shuffled into the dining area.

"Smelled food." He mumbled as he slowly pulled out a chair and grabbed a handful of toast. He squinted as he looked at me, and waved his hand at my plate.

"Tired?" I laughed at him. Niall moaned and waved again.

"Give syrup." I pushed the carton over the table to him and he popped the top off, drowning his toast in the liquefied sugar. Not bothering the use his fork, he shoved the sticky food into his mouth. Needless to say, his full plate was cleared in a few minutes. After he finished eating, he leaned back in his chair, moaning and licking his fingers.

"Good?" I asked, intrigued.

He moaned again. "Now I see that Harry's cooking ability is genetic." I nod, proud of the fact that my cooking was compared to Harry's. Harry was an amazing cook, and if he was cooking breakfast, it would have been a lot more creative than French Toast.

"I'm going to go wake up the boys before you eat everything." I stand up and walked upstairs with my eyes closed; I had walked up these steps so many times in my life- there were 17 steps to get to the top floor. I opened the door to the bedroom, and opened my eyes to find Harry, Louis, Zayn and Liam still passed out on my bed. I sit down on Harry's bed and stare at them, trying to think of the best way to wake them. Then, I decide that simpler is better. I get up and lean over the boys. "BREAKFAST IS READY!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

As I predicted, they leaped up and ran to the kitchen. I heard them downstairs, battling over the food. I smiled and realized that this was probably my only chance to be alone today, so I decided to shower and change. I walked into the closet that we shared and was once again shocked at how massive it was. I walked over to my side and looked over my clothes, finally deciding on a t-shirt and a pair of rolled up skinny jeans. It was a drastic change from the bright sun-dress I had on yesterday, but I like to change every so often.

I took the clothes with me to the en-suite and took a quick shower, making sure not to look in the mirror when I walked out. I dried my hair, pulling it over my right shoulder and let my natural curls form. I slipped into my clothes and walked downstairs. The sound of the boys arguing over the last piece of French Toast drifted up to me and I smirked.

I came into the dining area, the boys glanced at me walking over to them before turning back to the food. Before any of them could react, I came up to the table and snatched the last piece off of the plate and shoved it in my mouth. They looked at me in shock at what I had just done, but I saw Niall smiling admirably at me. During my time with him, I have learned that he 1) loves food, and 2) loves people who love food. I guess I was one of his favourite people at the moment.