Chapter 1: A New Dawn

-image above is from Nintendo

Welcome to the world of inkopolis. Its a huge, popular, and bustling city known for its cafes, museums, colleges and sports centers. Its really well known for most squid kids and jellyfishes to hang out and live at. One of the kids are turning 14 today which is a big year for all inklings. Why is it a big year? Well then let's see how he fairs into the world of splatoon and you'll see.

"Alright! I'm finally 14! Which means I can enter in turf wars around the world!...but I don't know exactly how" the boy said with a sigh.

"You join turf battles in Inkopolis tower."a spunky-looking girl wearing Designer headphones, Black Squideye, & Cyan Trainers walked up and explained. 

"huh? Who are you?" He wondered

"Hi my name's Amethyst. What's yours?"

"My name's Jared. I'm a new inkling around here and.."

"Well no wonder" she said, teasing him with a grin. "Your gear is totally whack in stats. And you don't even have a weapon! Here just use this for now"

Amethyst gives him the Splattershot Jr. And shows him inside the tower.

"Whoa!!! There's a lot of kids in here. When do we get to battle!" Jared is very eager to start but amethyst slaps him and says..

"Are you nuts! You don't even know the basics to squid fighting. that and your only level 1. you can't go up against the whole world without training kid."

"Relax I got this. This weapon has..splat bombs and a blubbler. Pretty good set, now if you'll excuse me I have a world to face."

"ok then don't say I didn't warn ya" she steps aside and lets him pass

Jared steps in a spawn point teleporter and ends up in an Urchin Underpass turf war. 3. 2. 1. GO!

"Whoa this place is cool!" He continued to gawk over the scenery and amazement of his first ever turf war. A boy from his team walks back to him then says-

"Hey don't just stand there staring at the place. Come with us and ink the area." the boy said angrily

"oh right ok, nice to meetcha I'm Jared. Cool weapon!"

"You're pretty talkative. But nice to meet ya I'm Carter. This is a roller weapon called the Splat Roller. It lets me get up close and personal with the enemies. Watch this" Carter heads to the center area and splats two opposing teammates with ease

"whoa that was awesome!! Can i try that out!?!" Jared attempts to grab Carter's roller but he tugs it back

"Ya can't just switch with people in the middle of the match. Thats against the rules."

"Oh right. My bad, this is just so much fun!!"

"Heh you'll love it even more when you level up." Carter and Jared then proceed further in the enemy territory. Carter hides in his ink for a long time while Jared questions it. As he is about to get jumped by two enemy inklings, Carter jumps out from behind them and SPLAT!

"DUDE! THANKS A LOT!"

"I knew they were coming so i had to be patient."

"Ohhh so are all rollers like that?"

"Ha no. Different weapons require different strategies, kid." Carter then gets sniped by a charger and so do the other two teammates. Leaving Jared alone in the center.

"Uhh what happened to him?...Carter?"

"He's been splatted. And soon you will be too." an enemy inkling said while aiming her charger laser sight straight at him while other enemy inklings try to rush at him too.

"agh! Gotta use my special fast!" Jared activates his blubbler shield and takes out a few enemies in site. "BOOYAH! I DID IT!"

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. STOP. The winners are....the bad guys.

"Wait what!?" Jared said shockingly "b-but I killed the most people."

"dude it's not about kills in turf wars. It's about inking the floor that matters. You did great for a level 1 newbie."

"aw man...thanks though...how am I gonna tell Amethyst I lost my first turf war. She'll be like "I told you so" and ugh...I don't wanna listen to that...I know! I'll just say I won!"

"Uhh don't know who Amethyst is but good luck with that. I'm gonna enter more turf wars so see ya, Jared."

"Bye Carter, hope we meet again soon."

Jared & Carter leave Urchin Underpass then head in the lobby again. The journey of Jared is only beginning and the road will only get tougher from here on out for him. Hopefully he learns more, grows more and becomes even better at the game of Splatoon. This is only a fraction of whats to come.