Chapter 21: Blizzard of Ink

-image above is from Nintendo

It is December 2nd and finally the beginning of Winter. Snow has hit the town already and every inkling and jellyfish is excited. Mostly because of no school but also because they get to do other fun activities than turf wars. Snowball fights, skiing, and building igloos. Lil D is seen still training Jared with the L-3 Nozzlenose regardless of the weather.

"Ahhh i still didn't expect the snow to hit so soon. Its so cold..."

"Jared focus. You need to practice your aim a little more. Even in cold weather, now hit the dummy!"

"Ok ok sheesh your worse than my dad."

Jared manages to hit two of the three training dummies Lil D set up.

"Hmm impressive. Now lets see how you do while standing further away."

"Umm this is nice and all but I've been meaning to ask you a question."

"Which is?"

"Why did you never want to leave Inkopolis after escaping from the Octarians? there are loads of other places like Calamari County or....when i think of something else ill tell you."

"I have some unfinished business here."

"Wait really?...what is it?"

"Oh its nothing too important. You've also given me a reason to stay. I had nothing to do for the past months, then i find you in a match and here we are."

"Yeah well i can be super interesting and awesome." Jared jokingly comments as he practices with the L-3 Nozzlenose more

"Hey Jared. Thought you two would be here again." Carter said as he, Amethyst, and Xavier enter the training yard with news

"Hey guys whats up?"

"Cuttlefish wants us again. Something about the octarians disappearance being a little too suspicious."

"I still don't know whats going on but you three have the coolest part-time job ever."

"Um actually Xavier its...uhm never mind will explain it better later. Cmon Jared your training will have to wait."

"Wait I'm coming too." The others question why Lil D would want to come but then he explained that his unfinished business lies there.

"Hmm ok then, he's joining team Squidbeak Splatoon!"

The others didn't agree with that name and look at him in annoyance. The 5 of them then leave the training yard through the snowy inkopolis. Loads of inklings & jellyfish are playing.

"This is the most fun I've ever seen inkopolis today. Last year's winter doesn't come close to this!" Jared yelled as Amethyst pelts him with a snowball. They both then run ahead while throwing a bunch of snowballs

"Hmph they seem to be having fun."

"What are you jealous, Xavier?"

"Im not jealous....i just don't like snow thats all. seriously its cold and the ice is so slippery, its just so irritating!!"

"Well I actually think it's really fun. You should have fun with Amethyst regardless of hating it though."

"Hmmm meh I'm just gonna go in solo ranked battle. Fill me in on all that...agent stuff or whatever when you all get back." Xavier then heads in the icy lobby in ranked battle.

Jared, Amethyst, Carter, and Lil D proceed in the entrance to cuttlefish's base.

"Cap'n this place is pretty iccyyyyyy!" Carter said as he slips a lot."