Chapter 22: Date To Die For

After the events of the last chapter, Jared, Amethyst, Xavier and Carter have been gathering loads of Squid kids, teens, and even adults to help out for the upcoming octarian scrimmage. The snowfall also begins to die down as they are seen making strategies on a bench.

"Okay so the charger division will remain in moray towers and take out any flying units, while the Rollers take the front lines with the shooters."

"Good plan, Jared, ya know your really handy in times of crisis."

"HEY IM HANDY ALL THE FLIPPING TIME!......uh sorry, Carter..."

"I don't understand. We have the great zapfish back. Are they really trying to take it again?"

"No they're here for inkopolis itself. They will stop at nothing to take it back. They had tens of thousands of octarians...way more than last time."

"Wow can't believe someone as valuable as me would be involved in an all out war."

"Xavier seriously your not that important!" "Ugh my bad i did it again." Jared apologized as Amethyst steps up with an announcement.

"Hey guys i know we're preparing for something that can totally end the world and all but can we do something normal for a change?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean lately we've been worrying about Karl, the octarians, and Jared's Cube thing all the time. I wanna do something normal for once....like maybe go in a turf war....orrrr go on a date with a guy."

"......sorry Amethyst your not my type." Carter said while she gets annoyed

"NOT YOU! I mean someone else."

"Hmmm Amethyst do you wanna finally have a proper date?"

"Ah yes I'd love to."

"Great great its good that you guys get to be happy, meanwhile I'm stuck L-3 training."

"Oh the L-3 Nozzlenose isn't so bad."

"Its pretty tricky than you think. So much mobility, constantly tapping the fire button..its kinda exhausting."

"So Amethyst where are we going for our date? Baked Freshness? Ancho-V Games?"

"Wait guys speaking of Ancho-V i think we should see our levels so far. We haven't checked in a while."

"Oh yeah good thinking, finally something normal. Don't worry X, ill tell ya after this." As Xavier groaned the gang heads in the lobby to see their current levels and rank.

"Awesome I'm level 20 rank B minus! Looks like all my training has been paying off. What level are you, Carter?"

"Just level 28, rank B."

"I'm level 27, rank B. Just behind you."

"Hmph chumps. Im level 32, rank A." Xavier boasts as the others are easily impressed actually.

"Not bad X...though i do wish i was that high! Ugh all these stupid octarians are keeping me away from turf time!"

"Whoa calm down.."

"I can't stay calm! I have a life but inconvenient things always happens to me! Like I'm stuck saving this city from everything!"

"its not like you had a choice. Your the hero so start acting like it instead of yelling."

Xavier's comment kinda got through to Jared.

"Ugh you're right i think i just need to breath deeply and think... so whats the plan now?"