Chapter 27: Against All Odds (I)

Note- picture above belongs to Nintendo.

The day has finally come. Jared and his friends are ready to take the fight to the Octarian forces and beat them once and for all. Everyone wakes up super early, getting ready. Outfitted with many sub weapons, black face paint, newly assembled inkrails and Ink Cannons, Inkzooka and Bubbler cans made by Gabriel and Captain Cuttlefish, perfect rolled gear abilities, and double ink tanks for more ink management. all the squids kids and elders are fired up for this they even made Squibeak Splatoon flags with the emblem.

Jared and his team continue to train hard by battling each other before heading out to the border of Inkopolis. Jared seems very cool and sharp in nature while Amethyst remains as cunning with her snipes. Carter tests out his Super Burst Bombs as he blows everyone away. Xavier pulled out his Bubbler just in time.

"Grrr watch it, freakling! You could've damaged my face!...oh Amethyst are you ok?"

"Gee thanks for the late concern."

"This is gonna be so fun guys! We so got them beat!"

"How is fighting to save the whole city, fun?!" Carter questioned his weird sense of enjoyment as the others are use to it by now.

"It's just we've been through a lot together and this is gonna be our most important match to win. And if we lose then...I'm glad I've got to go through life with you guys."

They all join in for a group hug while Xavier remains hesitant on it.

"C'mon, Xavier. You too, your apart of the team."

"Ugh your all so idiotic, moronic, and totally mushy....but I'm actually gonna miss you all!" Xavier joins in and starts crying much to their surprise.

"Alright are you guys ready? No going back now. Last chance. Point of no return! We-"

"Will you get out the door already!" Amethyst said as she slaps Jared over the head.

The group then leaves the training yard into the city and meet up with everyone at Inkopolis's borders.

"Gabriel, Leif, Abigail, everyone's here. It feels really refreshing." He couldn't help but notice a strong sense of tenderness around the area.

"Hmph don't get used to it. After we clean house, we're back to being bitter rivals."

He looked straight in Gabriel's eyes and knew he wasn't kidding, he absolutely looks forward to getting into Turf War with him again.

"Alright lets go over the main plan." Amethyst reminds everyone. "Every Inkling imaginable is surrounding Inkopolis' perimeters. We have to prevent them from getting in no matter what it takes. My squad will head up to the giant water mech and take it down."

"Alright alright but what about DJ Octavio then?" Leif asked.

"I guess whoever finds him first gets the finishing blow."

"So this is what you guys have been doing? Fighting octopi in matching light-up jumpsuit."

"Really? I thought they were safety patrol uniforms before."

"Anyways, Abigail, yes we're the ones whose been saving all the Zapfish and got the Great Zapfish back."

The crowd at first seemed shocked but then realized it explains why they've always missed a few school days.

"Jared we're all ready to go, are you positively sure they're coming through this entrance?" Summer said pretty reluctantly while he explained that's the idea of everyone blocking around Inkopolis.