Chapter 18: The Calm

Our story continues right where the previous chapter left off with Jared defeating Octavio's giant mech but also causing a massive explosion damaging most of Inkopolis and blowing our inkling heroes off. When Jared is about to get some answers from octavio on why they did this, Lil D immediately stops him and he sneaks away. Now cornered, Lil D must reveal everything he knows about the octolings and also himself

"Alright what do you know about the Octarians, why is everything about you so secret, Lil D? Its time you tell me everything now!" A bruised Jared angrily said

"Fine fine. To start things off my real name is Thomas Daniel & im Callie's younger brother."

"Wait a minute...Callie's? I thought you were Callie & Marie's." Jared questioned with a confused look

"Just because their called the "squid sister's" doesn't mean they're actual sister's. They're Cousins and Cuttlefish's granddaughters. They watch over Inkopolis as Pop stars and undercover agents."

"Wait a minute if they're cousin's and agent 1 and 2 then how come you arent agent 3? Your really good."

"Well......ok the truth is i am related to Callie but i was also an orphan."

"An orphan?"

"Mhm. Truth is Callie & Marie's parents were...killed by Octarians when i was born. It was a small invasion that happened years after the great turf war...Octolings kidnapped me & made me one of their soldiers in their army. I was completely oblivious. They were all nice to me, i learned their language, studied their battle formation but in the end i never knew their real goal...THIS...the destruction of Inklings...the octolings found out i was slowly starting to realize so they did horrible experiments to me and my mind...one day i managed to FINALLY escape but they were hunting me down everywhere. So i took on the alias, Lil D, got new clothes and hid my identity by being an S+ pro Splatoon player. But i was still left wandering the planet for a few months...until i discovered this safe place and made a new life here."

"Wait then how did you know who you are and all this stuff?"

"Cuttlefish encountered me when they were sending troops to stop an inkling getting back our Zapfish. He convinced me that the Octarians were the bad guys and i was an inkling but I couldn't except it. I tried to turn him in but he escaped back to Inkopolis but after that i started to question who are the bad guys and who are the good guys."

"So you mean the Octarians are good guys??"

"They may have took me in, trained me, and gave me an education in Octarian history but they are no good guys. Didn't you listen what i told you??"

"I don't know...i feel like there's way more to what their doing....they could be good."

"Jared you can't just see the light in everyone. They tortured me and tried tracking me down for most of my life and you think their still nice people!?!"

"I never said their nice i just wanna understand them...whats their problem with us...why do they want the zapfishes so bad, why this attack..."

"I don't wanna understand anyone anymore."

"So wait a minute, let me just sum up everything. Callie and Marie's parents were dead so they lived with Cuttlefish, you were an orphan alone from them all and got accepted by the Octarians for years. You got your skills from Octoling training and became an elite member to join the army only to get disowned by them for not wanting to help?"

"Yeah thats pretty much the gist." Lil D said while nonchalantly sitting on the ground

"Wow you had it rough...is that why you dont prefer teams?"