Chapter 28: Lost in the Cold (II)

After the massive confrontation with Jared and the now traitorous Lil D, it has been nearly 5 days since the war began. Jared hasn't seen his team or anyone of his other friends since, he assumed they got captured or worse. Now that the Octarians are on the verge of winning due to the Inklings weakening forces, its time he rises up from his slumber and put an end to DJ Octavio's tyranny and get some answers from his old friend. Jared then wakes up in a small tent in Piranha Pit, presumably a refugee camp for the Inklings.

"Uhh where am i?" He bellowed as he's still aching and covered in nursing bandages.

"Your in what's left of the Inkling army, Jared. You really got beat from the looks of it." Summer said.

He stopped to look around the place for a second.
"The only safe place is Piranha Pit? Never mind that, why aren't you guys up there fighting?"

"We're toast, man, most of the remaining soldiers here can't even stand... the others are still fighting but many lost their lives.... Piranha Pit was the most secluded place away from the city and far enough. They'd never look here."

"Oh. I gotta get in there and help everyone! I missed too much."

"Hey, look, listen. Your a good squid and all but are you crazy?? They are EVERYWHERE IN THAT CITY! It's over...they won."

Jared goes on about how crazy SHE is for not wanting to get back up and fight with what dignity the inkling race has left.

"Who's even still left?"

"Just me, Jessica, Brooke, and Valeria. Everyone else was captured or killed."

He refused to believe that and is willing to do everything in his power to bring them back and end this. He then heads back up to Inkopolis Plaza. He then puts on his old Squidvador Cap, Choco Layered LS, Red Work Boots then leaves heroically while clenching his L-3 Nozzlenose tightly. "Now, let's do this for real."

*****

As he races for the city, Jared notices that what Summer said was true. Octarians are crawling everywhere.

"Ugh how annoying." He tries to sneak past nearby ones and proceeds to Urchin Underpass. "Made it. Now, why'd i come here again?" He can't remember exactly but he knows it has something to do with Lil D. "Wait that's right! we were fighting here and and i lost. and... oh man what are the chances he'd still be close-by. I gotta get a birds-eye-view of the place but where.."

He then sees Moray Towers over in the distance and decides to head there, but with the amount of foes in the area it looks like stealth may not work again.

"Hm i may have to find a way around them." He walks quietly towards the other side of the towers while shivering in the cold weather.

"I really miss everyone so much.. this city is so damaged now it's unbelievable."

"Did you hear something?" An Octoling said as Jared tries hiding in the snow. The Octolings check the area carefully, Jared can't help but be slightly nervous at a time like this. Not to mention incredibly cold.

"Hm guess this place is all clear-" The Octoling was about to leave until he steps right on Jared's head.

"OUCH WHAT THE.... oh..... howdy." He shoots a few Octobombers but gets badly outnumbered easily and chased through the streets alerting more in the highway. "Crap I didn't realize there were this many!" Jared tries to ink in front of him and swim as fast as he can while dodging a bunch of shoots and bombs. Unfortunately for him he didn't pay attention to the Squee-G's clearing his ink trail so he goes tumbling down a sewer.