Chapter 4: Twincoming

As Jared and Amethyst step out of the lobby they are greeted by a lot of inklings. They seem enthusiastic about their victory 

"Hey guys!" Carter shouted. "that was amazing, you actually beat Xavier! No one has ever done that before. How did you do it, Jared? That wall thing."

"Idk I just used the things I learned from you two that I tried something new."

"Well it was amazing either way...the bad thing is now you know Xavier will try to use that move from now on."

"I don't care. Until that happens I'll be ready for him. Now let's go have another turf war."

Before they all step in real quick an inkling with Retro Specs, Baseball Jersey, & Blue Lo-tops shows up & stops them

"HEY! Yeah you! I wanna ask you a few questions."

"Who me?...what did I do?"

"Nothing. I just wanna analyze you're techniques you preformed in the match. You excelled at such a high level trick at just level 3."

"Uhh.. What? It was nothing really.."

"Ugh look inklings like you don't come around very often. Clever & cunning inklings that use highly advanced skills in battle other than diving head first in and squid taunting, ew. I wanna try that for next time."

"Uhhh ok but who are you?"

"I'm Gabriel. But my friends call me Gabe. I'm one of the intellectual inklings, always on the top of my grades."

Just then an identical inkling of Gabriel wearing a Sporty Bobble hat, Zekko BaseBall LS, and Orange Lo-tops enters the conversation

"He's also pretty overconfident and loud..."

"I didn't need your input...his name is Michael by the way"

"Nice to meet you I'm Jared!"

"I've seen you...your really amazing in turf wars for a beginner..." Michael nervously said while covering his face with his hat.

"My apologies, he's a bit shy around new people... a lot."

"No harm done.....you two look similar." Jared noticed.

"Why yes. we are both twins but im older, and a higher level but i do not mean to boast."

"So about earlier you wanted to know some tricks?...well I'm just a beginner. I honestly didn't know what I just did

"Oh I see, I did not know you were..as they say. a newb."

"...and I didn't know you were, as they say. A geek"

"Well then would you be prepared to see this 'geek' in battle? I'm exceptionally a worthy competitor in splatoon such as yourself."

"Stop speaking like that and enter the lobby...wait how are we gonna fight alone?"

"Ugh such a simpleton. Have you heard of private battle? It is a mode in the lobby that allows you to create a battle with your friends and rules set by you."

"So wait, I can create my own room with my friends? SWEET!!!!"

"Hey..can I join you guys in a battle?.." Michael asked nervously

"Uhh 2 vs 1 would be a bit unfair. Besides I wanna crush his face alone anyway."

"Oh...ok...maybe next time..."

Jared & Gabe went to the lobby and set up a private match

"Alright what stage shall we do?"

"Um how about Kelp Dome. On Turf War!"

"Ok but do not expect me to go effortless on you."

The 2 get transported in and begin their match in 3. 2. 1. START! They ink as much area as they can and proceed to the center

"Alright now where is that nerd.."

Gabriel shoots a shot from a top the catwalk and kills Jared in one shot

"Ugh what the...dang the luna blaster is really strong. Ok so I need to pay attention above me too, otherwise this match is as good as his."

"Hey ignoramus. This green house is known for its grated catwalks. So you're not so avant-garde here."

"I don't know what that means but it's not stopping me!"

"I admire you're bravado attitude but you are not stopping me either."

The two continue fighting but the battle is over. Gabriel is declared the winner

"Wha..how did I lose..."

"To calculate the turns of events in the match. You lost mostly because you died the most. Strange I thought you'd be more of a challenge but I guess people lured me to misfortune. I bid you adieu."

"Hey! You get back here! I wanna fight you again then you'll see whose disappointed!...wait-"

Gabriel leaves but then Amethyst shows up near Jared

"Can you not shout so much! God I can hear you all the way from Octo Valley."

"Heh sorry...I lost to him."

"Who? You mean that nerdy looking inkling who passed me...well no offense but even I can tell he'd beat you."

"Thanks amethyst, that's really nice." Jared said sarcastically while rolling his eyes

"Hey where's Carter anyway?"

"Oh he's...idk maybe in turf wars. He leveled up to 8 already."

"He's level 8?? Wow He must've been playing all day. Hope he's not too tired out cause we got school tomorrow. C'mon I wanna show you something anyway."

Amethyst grabs Jared's hand and heads to a new part in inkopolis.

"Welcome to the booyah base, squid kid."

"Wow these stores look cool and all but why do I need to be here?" Jared questions

"Look, that gear your wearing is soooooooo barf!! You need fresh duds and a better gun, ya dig? Maybe updating your abilities and weapon will give you the upper hand, homie."

"Well..I guess updating my style wouldn't hurt...ok wait here."

Jared heads for the stores to buy some new clothes and a better weapon while amethyst sits bored outside

"Man what is taking him so long!! It doesn't take that long to pick an outfit."

Jared then comes out revealing his new gear. A Squidvador Cap, Choco Layered LS, and Red Work Boots.

"Whoaaaa you look fresh.....uh ahem what's your weapon?"

"Oh right, it's this cool Splattershot. Sheldon said it had better range than the Jr. And I just had to get it. Plus it looks COOL!!!"

"If you say so. I say your not a newbie anymore if you level up more now."

"I'm only level 3...that's not so bad right?..."

"Anyways it's getting pretty late so get some shut-eye, K? Ok goodnight see you at school."

"Uhh ok?..geez she sure was in a hurry."

The next day. Jared wakes up immediately with a massive text from both Amethyst and Carter.

"Wha!!! So much vibrating! What the heck? Jared meet us near the tower fast. The squid sisters have a special announcement. Ugh ok I'll be there in a sec I need to get dressed."

Jared gets his clothes ready then heads out without waking his parents