Chapter 23: Ladder to Leader

Its in the middle of December in Inkopolis and everyone is continuing their normal lives. Well everyone except Jared's friends, in school they constantly are working on battle strategies for Octavio's forces. Even in Lunch.

"Guys we should try getting really good squads from inkopolis to join." Jared said as he sits down with his food. "The only squads i know are Gabriel's and Abigail's."

"Well I'd rather ask Gabriel than her team any day." She said while eating her burger in anger.

"Hmm i heard rumors of this really good squad that made a recent debut. They're all S+ and really good without even trying."

"Sounds scary...I LIKE THAT! We should go ask them right now!" Amethyst then pulls Jared down and smacks him up his head. "Oh right...right after school."

"Cuttlefish said he needed help making weapons for us but we're already so busy with everything else."

"I'm honestly so bored, i wish we were out of school. These dreadful uniforms are so stupid." Xavier complains while Gabriel's team joins their table.

"Oh we were just talking about you."

Gabriel mentions that he knows said S+ team as unexpected as that was to them, He then questions what they're talking about and Jared explains their current situation in a way he and his team would understand.

"Wow...Carter are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine i knew it would be a lot to take in for you guys."

"Hm can't believe someone like Jared would get caught in this predicament."

"Ha I know right. He has the aim of a blind seahorse." Xavier and Gabriel continue to make fun of Jared while he gets up and gets fed up.

"Im right here ya know. And for your information I've been through lots of stuff lately. Cut me some slack!"

"I know..for a beginner you sure have gotten all the attention." He commits with an irritated look as he fixes his glasses. "Why is that!?"

"I don't know, I didn't ask for all of this to happen...even if its all really cool."

"Cool? Ugh you think everything is cool, I don't see how your team can put up with you."

Amethyst then questions if he's just here to insult Jared but he explains he just wanted to be in on this secret stuff they're doing.

Jared then angrily yells he isn't invited to join.

"Funny considering you've been a laughing stock in the beginning, you still don't have my respect anyway."

"Gabriel I'm real tired of you always putting me down. Let's settle this on private battle once and for all!"

"Um your kinda causing a scene, bud."

"I accept you're challenge but I've beaten you loads of times. This won't be any different."

"Yes it will because we've gotten even better too!"

"Oh really? Fine then. If we win you'll have to admit that I'm better at you at everything and that you brought complete shame to your family name."

"Deal but if we win, you have to do something for us and tell us all you know about Leif's team."

"Okay then, we do this on Rainmaker mode at Ancho-V Games. Do not disappoint me like always."

Gabriel and his team walks off leaving an angry Jared to sit back down and finish his lunch with his squad.