Chapter 14: The Cube

Note - image of Kelp Dome belongs to Nintendo

After the gang got back home from their fight at Octo Valley they felt pretty tired from Splatfest and went to bed

"Ugh man I feel awful...wish I got more sleep last night." Jared said while waking up "guess I should go see the splatfest results now."

He then ate breakfast, took an ink shower and went to the plaza

"Hey Carter, Hey Amethyst. I still feel really appreciated that you guys saved my life."

"Aw it was no biggy, now we know who to not trust around here."

"I'm sure those 4 will think twice not to mess with us...SHHH SHHH THE RESULTS ARE COMING UP!"

Callie and Marie's show starts and everyone waits eagerly for the results

"Heey it's Callie!"

"And it's Marie."

"And we're about to post the splatfest results for today! WOOOO ARE YOU EXCITED!?"

"Nah because I know Milkshakes won."

"Ooo well aren't we cocky today, Marie. Anyways the team that was more popular was.... Smoothies! They went 51% to 49%

"ugh great.."

"And the team with the most wins are....Milkshakes!? With 39% to 61!?!? Aw come on my smoothies."

"Hehe I'm feeling good about this."

"And the winners are.....................Milkshakes! With 207% to 293%....well done....you fat filled cups."

"All the flavors in your smoothie and you choose Salty?"

"Lol I guess I shouldn't be too upset I mean that was fun. Singing around, dancing, sharing snacks and kisses on the bench with your dream guy....WHY CANT WE HAVE THIS EVERYDAY!"

"Uhh while Callie is having a fantasy I'll just say the stages. For regular battle it's Camp Triggerfish and Kelp Dome. And for Ranked it's Rainmaker. Urchin Underpass and Arowana Mall. For everyone who entered the splatfest collect your prize over at the stand. And remember, STAY FRESH!...pst Callie, your supposed to do it with me."

"OH right my bad...ahem."

"STAY FRESH!!" They both say simultaneously while the Monitor shuts off

"WOW I can't believe I won a splatfest!!" Jared screams

"Ugh I can't believe smoothies lost... I want a rematch, I left in the middle of it."

"At least we all still get the Super Sea Snails though."

"....uh what are super sea snails??" Jared asked

"They are very important small creatures that give us an extra ability slot on our clothes. For instance right now you have 2 slots on all your clothes but if you used a snail on em, you'd have 3."

"Wow so I can be even more powerful?? WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME THIS SOONER!!!!?!??" Jared runs to the benches fast and got extra slots on his gear.

"Wow that was fast."

"Yup now I'm even stronger than before. Ha ha!"

"Not exactly, smart guy." You gotta win enough battles & then you'll get your slot, for now it's just a question mark." Amethyst pointed out

"UGH AW MAN!!!! Fine then wait here guys I'll win enough turf wars before you know it." Jared ran into the lobby really fast

"Uhh why is he in such a hurry today??"