Chapter 2: a newb learning new tricks

Following the events from chapter 1, Jared, a new inkling in Inkopolis who just recently turned 14 is joining the community of Splatoon as a birthday gift. He lost his first turf war battle but he plans on lying to his new friend, amethyst and saying he won

"Hey Amethyst guess what" said Jared.

"What's up squid kid? Listen don't feel bad if you lost badly every beginner feels that way."

"Actually I won. It was easy" Jared lied straight to her face

"no you didn't" she said with an annoyed expression

"w-what? How did you know?"

"I was watching the turf war in the background. Next time you wanna lie you might wanna be more observant"

"ugh so I lost. Big deal........OK HOW DO I GET BETTER!"

"Geez calm down first. I could show you in the battle dojo."

"What's the battle dojo?" He questioned.

"Oh man. It's a place where just 2 inklings can fight on 1 v 1. I'm gonna use it to show you the basics"

"or you could use the training ground in the back of Sheldon's place" Carter said

"who are you?"

"Oh I met him in my turf battle. He uses a splat roller!" Jared explained to Amethyst

"Pretty cool and I forgot about that place. Ok then I'll take you there Jared"

"can I come?"

"Sure man the more help the better...seriously he needs a LOT of help"

the 3 rush to Sheldon's training yard and get their weapons. Jared is very eager to get tutored by his 2 new friends that he keeps changing into a squid.

"Hey guys! What's wrong with me? I keep turning into a liquid squid" Amethyst slaps Jared and he stops changing in & out.

"OW!!!!"

"I figured that would help" amethyst said with a grin, snickering.

"PFHAHAHA that was funny!"

"Can it, Carter. Are you guys gonna show me what's the deal with this game or what?"

"Ok ok so basically the main goal with turf battles is to cover the whole floor with ink as fast as possible before the other team. Each person has 6 main weapons to choose from. Shooters, Chargers, Rollers, Blasters, Sloshers, & Splatlings."

"Wrong, blasters are shooters." Carter corrected

"Their are a lot of blasters though but ANYWAYS. Each weapon type has different properties and uses so you have to watch out. To recharge your ink in your weapon fast you go in your ink by turning into a squid. if you use your sub weapon it depletes your ink by a lot so keep that in mind. Also you're squid form can also make you go fast, jump farther, Go up walls, and hide from enemies so remember that"

"Ok let me try that stuff" Jared tries doing everything amethyst said but he fails at all of them. He tries swimming up a wall again but turns into a squid and falls

"Ugh this is hopeless, I'll never get this down."

"don't worry mastering your squid changing form is pretty tricky but you'll get the hang of it." Carter assured Jared

"Yeah no need to rush or anything, your still new."

"That's the problem. I don't wanna be known as the newbie anymore. I gotta get good fast!...maybe I'll get good in an actual turf war."

"Uhh if you say so.."

"Oh also remember to use your sub weapon and special when your gauge is up"

"got it. Wish me luck"

As they both wish good luck, Jared runs fast to the tower with his Splattershot Jr. In his sweaty hand. He seems very nervous but keeps reminding him of everything his friends taught him. As the room is full the battle begins in a Blackbelly skatepark turf war. 3..2...1...GO! Jared starts firing at the floor this time & using all his techniques he learned to help his teammates. Suddenly he gets cornered by a squid with Heavy Splatling.

"Ha end of the line you newb."

"GRR IM. NOT. A. NEWB!!"

Before the squid could fire, Jared inks the halfpipe and swims behind him & splats him.

"Hey I did it! I actually did it!"

Eventually they win and Jared is running home to tell his family and friends.

"Guys! I actually won a turf war! How great is that!"

"Wow awesome, Jared but if you want to get more street-cred around here, you just keep splatting until your level 50"

"level 50? What's that?"

"Dude you don't know what level's are??? Ok basically levels are what we refer around here as ranks of some sort. (Next to the actual ranks) When we level up in turf wars we get more respect around here and more gear. Level 50 being the highest"

"whoa!! What level are you, Carter?"

"I'm level 5 now. Your only level 1"

"oh...then I'll just keep entering turf wars until I'm a high level!"

Suddenly Amethyst arrives walking up to the guys

"uhh you do know it's pretty late and we have school tomorrow right?"

"Oh hey amethyst and school??...oh yeah I forgot...then I'll just play some more when school's over. See ya guys!"

"Goodnight"

"piece out homies"

When morning arrives Jared eats breakfast, takes an ink shower, puts on his School uniform and heads off to his School; Shellby Salt Meyers High School.

"ah ok another day at school. Too bad the weekends over..oh well I guess I'll play after school. Maybe I'll see Carter & Amethyst here-" Jared then bumps into someone

"ouch sorry about that"

"no I'm sorry you can't watch where your going, you klutzy ditz!" The boy said

"Hey just who do you think you are talking to the best turf war player alive"

"the best eh? I'm gonna guess you're one of those newbie meat headed players who thinks they can win just by winning one turf war. Well let me tell you something. With that attitude you'll drown in the water before you can say Splat."

"Who are you anyway??" Jared questioned while looking hurt

"the name's Xavior. Level 17 and Rank C+ later, dumb newb"

"hey!...I'm not a newb....." Jared started reminiscing something with a sad look