Chapter 6: the mysterious Lil youth

It's been 3 days since Jared and co have registered for the upcoming splatfest. Since then they've all been sharpening their skills and leveling up.

"Alright I'm level 8. So close to level 10. I wonder where amethyst and Carter are, haven't seen em in a while. Oh well I bet their doing turf wars too. I'm about to do the same."

Jared enters the lobby right away and enters in a Hammerhead bridge turf war.

"Hmm haven't seen this place before. Must be a new area."

A mysterious boy slowly approached Jared and said-

"I wouldn't get comfortable if I were you"

"Huh?..who are you?"

"Not important. I heard you were the talk of the plaza lately, I wanna see why. Put on a good show for me."

"Uhh hmm.."

3..2...1...GO!!! The mysterious boy quickly inks a path to the middle area

"Whoa he's fast. But I'll have to be faster...ahh I see someone coming, nows my chance!"

Before Jared could splat her. The boy quickly takes out her and two other members in a flash.

"Can't keep up?"

"W-what weapon is that??"

"It's called the L-3 Nozzlenose D."

"Whoa where do I get one-"

"WATCH OUT!"

Someone tried to sneak up on Jared but the boy throws burst bombs at him.

"Thanks for the help."

"You gotta learn to help yourself man. Pay attention to what's behind you, ok?"

"What? But we're all supposed to work together in this game. Why go it alone?"

"Sometimes people make mistakes. That's all I'm saying."

"Ummm."

They proceed to ink the area more. A few minutes and time runs out. The winners are Jared's team.

"Ha alright we won!...hey wait a second who are you by the way?"

The boy leaves without saying anything.

"....WHOA THE RESULTS SAYS HE GOT 2000 POINTS?? THATS IMPOSSIBLE!..wait he's level 50 also..again, whoa!!!!!! I gotta figure out how he did it."

The next morning Jared gets ready for school.

"Hmm what did he do..was it his weapon?...his gear?..Otis he just good."

"Jared what are you still doing here??" His mom walked downstairs. "You should've been left out...also your uniform is wrinkled go iron it really quick."

"Sure sure but mom what makes inklings reach level 50 so fast? Do they cheat and lag the game or what?"

"Well...id say their just skilled kids who play a lot. Why? Did you meet someone who's level 50?"

"Yes! He was wearing some cool looking sailor hat and gray mixed shirt...also red sea slugs."

"Hmm that kid looks familiar. I might've saw him go to you're school but-"

"HE DOES?? WELL IM LATE ANYWAY SO SEE YA!"

"Make sure you iron you're...anddd he's gone."

Jared leaves straight for school but doesn't see the boy anywhere.

"Aw man..maybe he's not here. Ugh I could barely focus on my lesson I need to ask him how he does it."

"Hey Jared....."