Chapter 13: Rescue Operation

• Image above belongs to Nintendo

The story picks up right where 12 left off with Lil D taking Carter and Amethyst somewhere to save Jared from the Octolings

"Okay okay, D, what's wrong anyway?" Carter asked

"Jared's been captured by Octolings & their taking him to Octo valley for who knows what."

"AGH! Lil D sorry but...we have to go do this alone we know a way into Octo Valley" amethyst explained

"I know where you guys are going. You can drop the act. I know Cap'n cuttlefish too."

"Wait how do you know that???"

"I know more things than you can ever imagine. C'mon this manhole is a shortcut."

"Wait there are 2 ways to his base?? Dang I gotta remember this one."

The 3 of them head down & end up in Cuttlefish's base.

"Hey Cuttlefish it's us again."

"Oh hey young'ns.....wait a squid flipping second aren't you guys in splatfest now? What are you kids doing visiting me this late. An old person needs their rest."

"You just admitted your old lol. And second we need the hero suits, Jared is in trouble."

"What do you mean? Did he get up-ducted by the Octolings!?"

"...yeah...man that was fast. Yup he did and the 3 of us are here to rescue him."

"3?......wait is that?.....oh it is, it's my grandson. wh-where have you been?"

"Wait a minute. Did you say-"

"GRANDSON!?!?!?!?" They both say simultaneously

"Yup he's my grandson...we haven't seen him since-"

"Please don't ever bring that up."

"Wait so does that mean your Callie and Marie's brother???"

"Yeah, younger brother actually but I didn't come for a reunion...I came to help them rescue someone."

"Uhh ok. Right sonny we'll you 2 put on your suits and give Jared his and his weapon when you get him back."

"Got it!"

"C'mon this kettle will get us to where they'll take him."

"Wow you sure know Octo Valley's layout...it's almost suspicious."

"Quit being paranoid amethyst and let's go!"

The 3 of them head in the kettle into Octo valley's city. It's crawling with Octarians. The 3 heroes spot the 4 Octolings carrying Jared up a huge tower.

"Whoa they have a tower just like us. The Octarians seem like copycats."

"Come on we gotta head up using BRUTE FORCE!"

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" The 3 of them shout while heading up the tower. Meanwhile with the Octoling crew.

"DJ Octavio! We got an inkling to share with you!!" Karl announced

"What!? You 4 actually brought back an inkling!? Well done I didn't even have to ask you, let's see him."

Ava opens the box and Jared is still knocked out cold

"Ohhh sweet! You 4 deserve to be promoted for this. An actual inkling after so long! He's still fresh. Fresh enough to tell us all of inkopolis's secrets. Strap him to the torture chair. FINALLY I can say that sentence again!"