Chapter 3: unclear stuff

Jared made it to class after the encounter with Xavier and is now working on his math classwork. he noticed Carter was in his class when he said

"pssst hey Jared I don't think you know this but everyone at the booyah base has their own squid phone. we use it to check everyone's status, play games, and go on this site called Splatnet." Carter explained while scrolling through his own squid phone showing Jared

"wait your just giving me a squid phone?" Jared asked sadly

"yeah I had an extra one, I figured you wouldn't have one by now."

"cool... thanks..." He started to put his head down on his desk

"woah, I was just joking why are you so sad?"

"well I met this kid named Xavier earlier and he reminded me of something..."

"oh I know that Xavier guy, he's a top notched self absorbed turf war and ranked battle player always sporting a FishFry Visor, Sage Polo & Strapping Reds outfit with his Rapid Blaster. he even has his own squad I heard by rumors. What did that guy remind you of?" Before Jared could respond the bell rung putting their conversation on hold.

"oh look school's over see you in turf war" Jared ran off "phew that was close. Ok off to my locker then it's off to turf war...hm this phone that Carter gave me seems pretty neat. I wonder what Splatnet is about."

Jared checks out his new squid phone and makes an account on Splatnet. He then discovers that it's a site that lets you see your friends stats, rank, gear and if their in a battle or not. It also lets him see the current stages.

"Hey this is cool. Let's see...the stages are Blackbelly skatepark & Saltspray rig. looks like Amethyst is in a room right now. I should surprise her."

Before Jared could make his way out he runs into Carter again.

"Ugh finally I caught up to you..you run so freaking fast." He began huffing from exhaustion

"What did you want?" Jared asked

"I wanted to know what made you so sad earlier. You said Xavier reminds you of someone. Who?"

"Carter it's best to leave things unspoken. I don't wanna talk about it."

"Uhh okay."

"But hey I'm about to go to the lobby now, you wanna join?"

"Nah I gotta do loads of homework so I can't play for the day."

"Dang then I guess I'll see you later, I'll win some for ya!"

Jared heads to the lobby while Carter goes home. While they were talking it seems that an old man with a captain's hat was watching the conversation then secretly followed Jared. he entered a saltspray rig turf war, where he finds Amethyst and Xavier waiting for the teams to be decided.

"hey, Jared. I didn't know you were in this room" Amethyst said

"hey Amethyst this will be my first time fighting you if we're on opposite teams"

"true dat, I see you've been leveling up... What's with the pouty face?"

"huh? oh it's nothing Let's do this turf war already!"

"well, well, well, look who knocked me down earlier." Xavier then enters the room. "Listen kid if you get in my way during this battle your as good as dead"

"what are you doing here!?"Jared nervously questioned.

"I came for the same reason as you. To fight, win, and collect my cash. Let's see how this plays out. But I think we all know who the winner will be."

"wow look what the cat dragged in, it's attitude." Amethyst rolled her eyes & made a smart remark. Making Jared snicker in the background

"cute, can't wait to see you lose in the battlefield with your boyfriend"

"Same thing to you!...WAIT HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!"

"Yeah that goes double for-wait what?!?!"

the results are in and the battle begins with Amethyst and Jared along with two other inklings on the same team. And Xavier with 3 other inklings

"Uhh here goes nothing, good thing amethyst is on my team idk what would happen if I had to go up against both of them" he thought to himself

3 2 1 GO!!!! Both teams try to ink as much area around them before heading into enemy lines. Amethyst stays on a ledge on her team's base and patrols the bottom portion, while Jared decides to come over and help her

"Hey amethyst I'll cover you, just incase people sneak up." Jared wanted to protect her but then amethyst slapped him and said

"Dude! You don't wait around and cover teammates, your supposed to get out there and ink the place. That's still very sweet of you but I got this."

"Fine fine just don't hit me again, please" He said nervously as he goes around the rig inking turf and shooting bad guys. Then he spots Xavier

"Hey it's that guy. This is the perfect chance to sneak up on him" before Jared could attack him he gets Echolocated & Xavier turns around & splats him

"Agh he saw me immediately after that ring was spinning around me. ugh I'll try to find him again"

"Jared!" Amethyst yelled from atop her ledge "you got Echolocated earlier, people can see you anywhere when it's activated"
Xavier spots amethyst up the ledge

"Better watch your back, Sweet cheeks. we're nearly done covering the area."

"You know I can shot your head off from up here."

"You know my special is fully charged. Let's see who pulls the trigger first."

Amethyst blasts a fully charged shot but before it could hit him, he uses his bubbler and splats her instantly. Then Jared comes from behind and splats him finally

"Yes! I finally got him. Now I can go back to inking, wait what was my sub weapon again...a triangle bomb?..hmm that gives me an idea."

In the 1 minute mark the battle heats up, Xavier enters the others lower half and tries to find Jared

"Alright where's that newb squid. I wanna look for him the most."
A splat bomb comes in front of Xavier. He swims near a wall but then Jared comes out and splats him.

"Ha my little trick worked."

Times up. And the winners are the good guys!

"Sweet!! We won!!!" Jared screamed happily after beating Xavier

"Great work J. Btw how did you pull off that little bomb throw forcing him near the wall you were hiding in, trick." Amethyst asked and looked ever so amazed at how far Jared is coming already

"I just used what you guys taught me and lured him over I guess."

"That was really smart. You're not so bad after all... Man I can only imagine the look on Xavier's ugly face after we crushed him"

"Maybe we'll see once we step out. C'mon!"

They step in the teleporters and leave the rig...Off in the distance, the old man with a  captain's hat was watching and observing.