Chapter 30: All is Fair... (IV)

"Well that takes care of that, alright we'll have you guys out of here in a jiffy." Amethyst says as she and Xavier just finished fighting off some Octotroopers with no sweat.

"That panel on the wall controls all of our cells." Michael said as Xavier blasts it.

"Not anymore, now let's go everyone single-file line!" All of the inklings run out of he hallway, along the way they bump into the Squid Sisters he appear to be in great distress.

"Oh!? I didn't know you guys would be here!"

"OH MY GOSH YOUR CALLIE AND MARIE OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!" Gabriel shouts as the rest of the numerous inklings do the same and demand autographs but they are quickly silenced.

"Look there will be plenty of time to sign stuff but right now we gotta go! This whole place is falling in the ocean!" Marie alerts everyone as they begin to panic.

"Guys remain calm! We just gotta leave on our helicopter.... that won't fit everyone, oh right." Callie realized briefly.

"No there should be some escape pods down this way, i heard some Octolings mention leaving in some, hopefully there'll be enough for us all."

"Alright alright, you guys can lead everyone to the pods, me and Xavier will find Jared and Carter, i hope they're okay." The two squads move out quickly as they race against the clock, the whole place is exploding and water is pouring in the corridors. Meanwhile back with Jared, who looks very distraught on his knees holding Lil D's Nozzlenose.

"Jared! Come on snap out of it!" Carter said as he approaches Jared to comfort him. "We can't stay here! Lil D would want you to live..." he then sees nothing in his eyes seeing he's too far gone in sadness. "Fine I'll just get you up."

Carter carries Jared and he figures out how they should get out of the room.

"Eh the exit is up there. Hm see any other way?" Jared continues to go blank as he sets him down for a moment. Unfortunately for them, the Octonozzle and the Octowhirl are still on their tails.

"Uhhh Jared!? I could really use you're help now!! Please!!" As the two Octoweapons begin to attack, Xavier and Amethyst arrived just in time to save them. They fire away with their Inkzooka cans and push them far away enough. "Guys! Oh thank Zapfish, did you rescue the squids?"

"Yeah that's why we're here now... what happened to Jared? He looks really sad.."

"Ugh it's nothing I'm fine.. c'mon let's go."

"Uhh Carter what really happened to that, urchin?"

Carter says there's no time to explain and they all carry the zapfish's and go down a hallway still being chased by the Octoweapons. Xavier tries shooting them as they run.

"Man I can't make a single dent! Just keep moving I'll hold em back."

"I hope this way leads to the others." They all continue to run and dodge many of the Octonozzles shots and outrun the Octowhirl itself, eventually they find a crossroad and see Octavio going in one direction.

"What?? Is that.. Octavio?? We gotta go after him!"

"What?? No forget him, he'll go down with the mech."

"But what if we let him escape? He'll just continue with this war and never let up, we have to stop him now."

The gang argues on this choice for a second but Jared then makes a hasty decision and tells them all to head the other way and he'll get Octavio and distract the Octoweapons, no questions asked.

"What?? Are you sure about that?? We only have roughly four minutes left." Amethyst looked into his eyes and could only see powerful determination and dark vengeance.