Chapter 26: Fates Cross Paths

Its the final day before the Second Great Turf War at last. The inklings are getting ready by practicing with S+ players in Ranked Battle, every single one of them.

"Well i guess this is it, everything's set in motion now. The teams are assigned their positions, and all the civilians are out of the city."

"That's great and all but what're we gonna do today?"

"Isn't it obvious? We're gonna play in the snow and wish for unicorn seahorses." Amethyst sarcastically said but then she explained they still need training if they're gonna be doing lots of fighting. Xavier is tired and lazy from the amount of training they've already been doing and Carter is exhausted as well.

However Jared is more than ready to keep going, he's come a long way since the day he first started. Getting better with the L-3 Nozzlenose, experiencing new things in Splatoon and Inkopolis and making new friends along the way. Before he goes with Amethyst, a tan boy in a Squid-Vador Cap, White Shirt, and Tan Work Boots runs and bumps past both of them.

"Ugh what the heck!? The nerve of that squid."

"Hey who was that?" Jared wondered as he was eager to help that sad person.

"I don't know, must be a rude new troop."

"I've never seen him before." Carter said while Jared then runs after him for some answers.

"Ugh I'm so stupid! Why'd i think that... its just...ugh I'm so confused." The boy began talking to himself in anger with slight tears coming down his face. as Jared came up to him he immediately says "go away."

"Jeez i only wanted to help you."

"It doesn't matter what your name is. I said leave me the fuck alone." The boy then points his E-Liter 3K at his innocent yet confused face.

"H-HEY no need to do that!...that's a weird weapon, never seen it before."

"WHAT?? How did you never run into one of these in turf war before?"

"I fight lots of people but never remember the weapons. I thought you said to "go away?"

The boy stands up and reveals his face from under his cap.

"My name's David and i was just really pissed." He then wipes away his tears and passionately gives a brief bio of his weapon. "This is probably the best Charger in this sport, it has incredible long range and feared by all if stacked with damage up, the E-Liter 3K."

"A Charger? We could use more of those! Why don't you help us with this war tomorrow~"

"I'm not the least bit interested in fighting right now... besides I'm late for a train."

"Your leaving!?! But why!?"

"Im going somewhere important sheesh i'm not explaining my whole life story to a stranger."

Jared then asks if he had just a little bit of time to meet with everyone but he declines saying he doesn't want to meet anyone anymore.

"Ok but just ONE battle with me and then you can leave, I'm dying to know what makes E-Liter's so feared!"

"Just one battle? Fine but be quick, ill meet you by the lobby."

He gives off a stern cold look at Jared's happy easygoing personality and then leaves. Feeling concerned for his new acquaintance, he goes to his friends really quick to talk.

"Oh there you are." Carter jumped up from sitting on a pile of snow. "Did you catch up with him?"

"I did and you were right, we've never seen him before, and he hasn't heard of the Second Great Turf War at all."