Ch. 2

-Maddys pov-

I woke up to my annoying alarm and I hit it on the top.

I got up and threw up a messy bun. I put my blue and white plaid shirt on with a black tank top. I also managed to get my light washed skinny ripped jeans on. I put my vans on and I slipped on my dark grey beanie on. I put mascara on and put on my glasses.

"Matthew im ready to go to school." I yelled running down the stairs struggling to put my backpack on.

"Okay. I'll be out in the truck." He said going out the door.

I followed quickly and we got there on time.

"Hey, I love you and have a great day!" Matt said stopping out the car door. I smiled and waved. He waved back and drove off.

"Well, shit..." I said and sighed and walked in.

Jo was standing there waiting to greet me coming in. I smiled and gave him a friendly hug.

"We went to Arby's....You totally missed out." He said.

"Well, what can I say? My boy- EX boyfriend came to a state his isn't fond with just to tell me that his new girlfriend is better than me and blah zeh blah..." I said laughing and explaining how big of a dickhead Hayes was.

"Well, since you just summarized a story, explain to me why you don't deserve that call he made." He said sitting down, me also.

"I agreed to live with him at 16 years old...I died in a car crash but my mind was like 'no stay alive for Hayes so you can have a family...' and then I stayed alive basically for him...and then I was the one who was his best friend through our relationship and he said Courtney was his 'best friend' since day one...I was like sweetie ya'll just became friends the other day....that's not day one..." He laughed and shook his head no.

"That's a damn good explanation...normally I would just say because to make it shorter." He said. I laughed and patted his back.

"It's okay.. you aren't the only one who is lazy!" I laughed. I heard the bell and quickly went to the first period to the really nice teacher.

That class went by fast and surprisingly History did also!

The other classes did too. And than I made it to lunch. I forgot money and a lunch so I was basically screwed.

"Whatsup sonic?" Jo asked coming up behind me.

"Well, like the idiot I am, I forgot lunch money." I said looking down.

"Well maybe me and you can go catch some food at Arby's since you weren't here yesterday. How's that sound?" He asked holding his arms out.

"Sounds amazing but I have no money." I said laughing.

"That's why you got me babe." He said jokingly and put his arm around my shoulder and we walked out towards his truck and drove there.

"So, whatcha want smalls?" He asked.

"You pick... I barely eat here." I said. He looked at me with disappointment in his eyes. I laughed and he ordered a roast beef MAX with a large drink and I made me a suicide.

He got got the food and we sat and ate. I took one bite of the burger and I fell in absolute love.

"Well, geez! If you didn't like it you coulda told me instead of stuffing it under the table!" He said laughing.
"What do you mean!?" I asked.
"Where'd it go?" He asked as he looked under the table.
"Right here." I said poking my belly.
He laughed and we left.

"Back to school!" I said running and getting in the truck.

"I'm going home...my grandma died yesterday and her funeral is today." He said still looking at the road.

"Oh...I'm so sorry! I didn't know...." I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

We pulled up to the front doors.

"Have a good day in hell..." He said with a smug face.
"Hey. Keep your head up. There's always stuff that could make you smile for the rest of your day." I said. I politely gave him a kiss on his cheek as a few girls were walking in the door but stopped and gasped as I did so.

"What was that for?" He asked in shock.
"Maybe that could've been the thing." I winked and left.

He took off and the girls stared at me.

"What? Never seen friends give kisses on their other friends cheek?" I asked and opened the door.

The school day went by really quick.

"Matt can I borrow your truck to go to the park down the road?" He nodded and tossed me the keys while takin a huge bite out of his Wendy's burger.

I got in and drove off.

I got out and walked what seemed a mile out into the woods.

I found to benches that seemed that they haven't been touched in forever.

One had a guitar on it though.

I remember the guitar lessons I had when I was little.

I softly strummed my fingers on the dusty guitar and tuned it.

I started playing 'My Little Sunshine' and sang it.

I smiled at the ground.

"Good job." I heard clapping and giggling.

"Jo! What are you doing here??" I asked he opened his arms and he spoke.

"Just getting a private concert from the best singer I've ever known." He said.

I laughed and hugged him. He smelled really good.

"What happened at the funeral?" I asked. He looked up with his hands in his pockets.

"It was hard. Losing someone you literally hung out with every single day. Teaching the one person you loved....how to play checkers." He said laughing and a little tear slipped down.

"Joseph. I'm so sorry. Hopefully you feel better soon. I got to go...but I'll see you at school tomorrow??" I asked he looked down at me.
"You will." I smiled and hugged him.
•••••
-Jo's pov-

I turned around quickly and took her hand.

I pulled her close and pulled her close.

"Don't worry...this is just a friendly gesture." I smiled and kissed her.

Bunches of shocks went through me. Girly I know.

"Goodbye Joseph." She said pushing away off my chest and smiling.

"See ya later smalls." I said smiling with my hands in my pockets.

•••••