Ch. 13

--Maddy's pov--

I was sad. Yes. Did I feel bad i gave him back the necklace? No. Did i regret my answer to his question? Yes. But I don't want to be the girl who says yes last night and breaks up with you the next day. But i am the girl who will cry herself to sleep because of one horrible decision.

I sat down in my seat and i closed my eyes. Matthew was sitting beside me so i didnt have to worry about falling asleep.

I thought about the first time me and Hayes meeting.

*FLASHBACK*

I walked into my bathroom and started to wash my face but some wouldn't come out of my hair. I did everything i could to get it out.

I was about to wash it when some guy came in my room and stood in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Uh....you're the Hayes guy right?" I asked.

"Haha right. I see you're having trouble with the whip cream?" He said pushing himself off the frame and walked towards me. He got my spray bottle and sprayed my strands of hair and combed it all out.

"Thanks." I said looking up into his blue eyes.

"No problem." He said. He looked as if he was quivering his lip for a kiss...but I didn't let it happen.

"Uhm! So... Anyway..." I said pulling my hair behind my ear.

* END OF FLASHBACK*

I smiled and went to sleep.

.....

--Matt's pov--

Hayes asked Maddy out and I wasn't mad but i wasn't happy either.

I know how Maddy deals with long distance relationships. And I am soooo not ready to deal with her crying and always wanting to go to his house for the week. This is not what i am looking foward too. 

I look at her while she's sleeping and she starts to move and talk.

I calm her down by rocking her back and forth.

"Matthew. He's next. We've gotta get out of here." He heard her whisper. I was scared for a second and thought that it was just a nightmare.

I thought it was a smart thing to do to go to sleep. I did the same thing and fell into a sleep. A good one.

.....

I am so happy rn!!

My first book of the sequel hit 1K reads!! Thank you guys so much. I couldn't have done it without y'all!