Ch. 17

--Maddy's pov--

I got up and took a shower.

I went downstairs after, ate toast and some cereal.

"Morning." I said to Mark. Cathy went to work already so I didn't get to see her. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows and wiped his mouth and took a drink of his orange juice.

"Morning...Maddy. Can I talk to you real quick?" I nodded for him to continue. "I heard about the fight. Well sort of fight." I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes. You shouldn't say those things in school. It's one, disrespectful, two un-ladylike, and three you put me in a hard position pn what to do." I laughed and put my backpack on.
"Where do you think you're going?" He asked me. I turned around.
"I'm walking to school with Hayes." She slammed his glass down and stood up. He started to raise his voice.
"No you are not. I did not give you permission. You live under my roof in my household and I give the rules. You don't choose them." I rose my eyebrows and he just realized what he just said. I walked out the door.
"Wait Maddy..." I couldn't hear anything else. All I know is that he didn't chase after me.

I got to school and the day went by pretty quickly. Hayes wasn't there..those fucktards messed with me. But I ignored them.
Girls tried starting shit again but I smacked one....I got suspended. And grounded... I don't like this living arrangement.... It hurts my heart to know I'm separated from my best friend.

--12:00 am--

I got up even though I wasn't really sleeping. I put sweatpants on and my crop top. I grabbed my penny board and my keys. I grabbed my phone and put m hair in a pony tail.
I walked out the house and headed towards Hayes'.
He said that his parents were out and Nash is watching him. But he's up so I figured I'd go see him.

I threw a couple rocks at his window until he came and opened it. I climbed up the ladder.

"Hey.." I said wiping my tears away.
He hugged me. I smiled.
"Hey beautiful." I walked to his bed. I smelt his pillow and it smelt like him. It smelt like home.
"Can we just talk?" I asked stretching out. He nodded and layed next to me. He helped my hand and kissed it.
I looked over at him and back up at the ceiling.

"I don't want to be there." I said.
"Can I tell you something that happened when we were mad at each other?" I nodded and said yes. He sighed.

"I slept with a girl." My heart dropped at the sound of that. I just lied there. Thinking. "I met her at a party... And everything was really complicated that morning when I woke up with her in my bed on a Monday morning. And turns out...she's in my Biology class." I looked over at him, choked up with tears.
"As in sex?" I asked. It was all I could get out. He looked at me. His eyes were red.
"Yeah..." He looked back up.
"Did you love her?" I asked a tiny tear slipped.
"No." He said in a cracked voice.
"Did you love anyone?"
"No."
By that time I knew his next answer to my next question would be no. It seems like he can't love another person without knowing they'll marry him.
"Do you love me?"
"Maddy, there isn't nothing in the world that I love more than you." He said and looked at me I saw a tear slip from him too.
"But, there isn't any sparks, or special feelings." I said looking at him also.
"There is. You just can't feel them because they come so natural to you. You have them all the time." I lied my head on his chest.
"I love you. Thank you."
"I love you too... And anytime baby girl." He said and kissed me and I just fell asleep right there.