Ch 40

-Maddy's pov-

"We need to talk." I looked up at Chris, who clearly looked pissed. I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded for him to go on as I got in his car with him.

"I like you, Maddy. A lot...so much that your cute little brain wouldn't even imagine. Did you see me back there? I tried to stay calm because I know you like when there isn't a lot of drama going on...he was pushing me and I couldn't hold back...you know that." He said getting quieter some times and getting happy at some. And he was right. Me and Hayes are too different to even know what we want for each other. Chris knows exactly what's going on in my world. He's been through half my life with me. I need to make a decision that will break a heart in the making.

"I-I like you, too, Chris." He looked at me and his lips curved into his bright smile. That smile just warmed my heart, made me smile, and also always made me think happy thoughts. Nothing negative in the world was happening. He leaned in and our lips met leaving sparks....a bunch of them. I know I made the right decision.

---

-Hayes' pov-

Just replaying everything in my head over and over again has made me even more devastated.

Me not with Maddy...Maddy without me? It's a cruel world. Thinking you're going to be with the perfect girl...but then getting snapped back into reality. Noticing everything isn't always what you planned. Maddy loves Chris now....and that's that...right?

"That's right bro....just give her space and just let her breath and be herself with her best friend. I like your thinking right now little bro." I looked at him with confusion because I thought he was reading my mind.

"What?" He laughed.

"You were thinking out loud I guess. Hey, maybe you should speak what's up there more often....It makes more sense and it seems reasonable. So...give it a try sometime." He said pulling into the driveway. I laughed while he ruffled my hair.

"Thanks, Nash." I said while closing the door. He smiled and nodded.

--------

-Chris' pov-

I didn't just like her....I honestly think I love her. We were together for a good time and we are the bestest friend ever...and damn. Have you seen her body? Good...because that body is going to be mine one day.

"Maddddyyyy!" I yelled while watching tv. She was upstairs doing something....I don't know what she could possibly be doing up there since it's my house. She came down smiling.

"What's up, Chris?" She asked kissing me. I loved her kisses. They always fixed my broken heart.

"I want you." I pouted. She laughed and sat next to me and played with my fingers.

"And you will have me once there's a ring on this finger. Along with yours." She giggled while saying that. I've missed her laughs. They always showed what emotion she has.

"Well, if you are 17 and I'm 18...that means. 8 years for me and 9 for you...26 years old for me and 25 for you." I said while looking down at her.

"Actually I am turning 18 in like 3 weeks dumbo." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Aw! My baby girl is all grown up!" I said. She scrunched her nose and slapped my hand away.

"I forgot how annoyingly hot you were back in the day...You never changed." She said looking into my eyes again. You could say it was an awkward moment, but for me? It was the best moment, because her beautiful eyes were focused on mine.

"And I forgot how hot you were in general. I mean, I know we were like best friends, but you can't miss the fact that you had a smoking hot bod." I said looking her up and down.

"Well, what can I say?" She said shrugging her shoulders. I laughed.

"Nothing, because I want a cute moment between us that wont go away." I said being quiet. Looking at her eyes and down her body again and back up at her eyes.

"Hey fella, my eyes....there right here." She said grabbing my ching.

Perfect moment! Kiss her Chris!! You got a chance!

Right there I grabbed her neck (softly) and brought her to my lips with her hands clamping to the back of my neck.
She pulled apart. I gave her a confused look.
"Why do you always find a way to make me feel so good when I feel so bad?" She asked. I smiled and winked at her.
"Practice, Maddy. From all that happened in the past, I learned a lot from you bipolar mood swings to your flirty times. I put everything in a book and hide it so you don't know my secret." I said. She smiled and and hugged me.
"Mmmm. You smell good- wait. Is that the cologne I gave you? Like before I left?" She asked with a shocked face.
Before she left she gave me an early birthday present because she just felt bad if she forgot because she was moving into her new house. It was like a Michael Jordan Cologne. Silly, I know. But it smells good, and plus she likes it.
"I bought it every time I ran out. It reminded me of you." I said. She rolled her eyes and got away from me.
"I don't even know why I left in the first place. It makes me mad just because I had no choice." She said going to the kitchen and made a cup of water.
"Hey, it's okay. Because you're here now and that's all that matters." She smiled and came to hug me. I stood up and spun her around as she screamed into my shoulder.
"I'm tired. Really tired. I'm going to bed." She said and kissed my cheek. And thank the Lord that my house had only one bedroom.
"I'll be up there in a second." I said quietly. She smiled and nodded. I sat on the couch. Reminiscing on the good old times.
-flashback-
"No! C-Chris! Please. Stop tickling me!" I was tickling Maddy. Me and her just started being friends like 3 weeks ago when school started. We've been best friends ever since.
"Fine. Fine." I put my hands up and got off. She laughed some more and sat up.
"I don't wanna go to school tomorrow." She said laying her head on my shoulder. I laid my head on hers and chuckled.
"Me neither...me neither." She sat up and touched my arms which sent sparks throughout my body.
"Wanna skip the first half?" She asked smiling. Her smile warmed my heart. I smiled when she did because she sent the happiness through my body.
"Whatever you do I'm there, princess." I said. I mentally smacked myself because honestly I liked her....but I didn't know if she did.
She blushed. "Oh, wait. Let me take a picture. Maddy Espinosa is blushing. Rare sight everyone!" I yelled and pinched her cheeks. She smiled and looked down.
"Oh goodness. It's only because you called me princess." I smirked and she chuckled and looked down again.

-end of flashback-

I smiled at the thought and ran up to bed. In bed with my best friend, who I love..