Ch. 14

--Maddy's pov--

I woke up to a baby crying.

"Ladies and gentlemen. We will be landing in Virginia in 20 minutes. Thank you for choosing American Airlines." I heard the woman say on the speaker. I woke Matthew up.

"Mom. Let me sleep." I heard him say. I laughed.

"Matt. It's Maddy....wake up." I whispered in his hear. He got up and kissed my cheek. "Uhhh. Matthew is everything okay?" I asked looking at him. He normally doesn't give me kisses on my cheek.

"Perfect. So. Uhhh. We're about to land?" He asked. I nodded. He smiled and unlocked his phone.

"Matthew...who's that? Who did you put 'Mom' as in your phone?" I asked looking at his phone than back at him. He sighed and put his head in his hands.

"Let's talk about it in the car." He said looking at me with weary eyes. My heart was about to break. i know. I don't want it to happen.

We landed and got off the plane and went to the car and put our stuff in the back.

"Tell me. " I said looking at him not yet buckling my seat belt yet.

"Maddy, it's hard." He said putting his hands and head on the wheel. He started to cry.

"Matthew....it's okay. Just tell me." He looked at me with tears flowing out of his eyes.

"The 'Mom' in my phone is your new mom....She is going to adopt you...since with my MAGCON events and your school....it wont work and i'm being counted as an irresponsible legal guardian." He looked down and continued, "She and her husband are going to be at home to come get you....Hayes and Nash also got off before us so they are there too to say their goodbyes to you." I looked at him in disbelief.

"But..." I just broke out crying.

"Hayes packed your bags. You will be visiting some times. Don't worry." He said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't wanna leave you alone." I said looking at him. He put my seat belt on and his too. He started to driving to the house.

"It's best for the both of us." I just kept crying.

"A big plus is that they also live in North Carolina....you get to see Nash and Hayes...they told them about you...so they know them pretty well. They will take care of you..." He continued.

"But i want to be with my big brother. No on else." I said with my head in my hands.

He rubbed my back and i felt him turn into the driveway.

"No. I don't want to get out." I said putting my hand on my seat belt.

"Maddy don't be like this. Get out." He said stepping out.

"Fine." I said. I got out and walked up to the couple.

"Hi. I'm Cathy and this is Mark. Call us what ever you want, no rush." The Cathy woman said.

"Hi." i wiped my eyes. But i also shook both of there hands.

I turned around. I walked straight to Matthew.

"I don't want to go." I said and hugged him. He hugged back tight and kissed my head.

"I don't want you to go myself...but it's better. " He said. "Go over to Hayes." He said and let go.

"Okay." I said and walked over to Hayes and Nash. They smiled and both hugged me at the same time.

"I can't say i am going to miss you guys because i will be seeing you at school and stuff...well i'll see Hayes." I said looking at the both of them.

Hayes pulled me in and kissed my forehead and hugged me tight. "I know it's hard...But i want you to come over whenever you need to get away for a while okay?" He said to me. I smiled and nodded.

"Time to go sweetie." I heard Mark say. I nodded. I walked over and gave Matt a hug. Hayes had to pull me off.

"No! I don't wanna go!" I said trying to stay with Matt. I couldn't though.

I saw Matthew look down and start to cry. I couldn't look...it was too painful.

I got into their black dodge mini van and they drove away.

"So....We have your room all set up.. we had a professional room designer come and decorate it! I like it...i have a feeling you will too!" Cathy said.

"I do too. Do you guys live across the road from Hayes and Nash?" I asked hopeful.

"No... maybe a couple blocks..." I smiled.

"That's fine." I said. I couldn't wait to go back to Davidson Day.

"We bought some clothes for you..and yours combined it seems like you're set for a long time. Even for the next few months of summer!" Cathy said while looking at the road.

"Good. Well. I am going to go to sleep." I said laying down.

.....

I woke up to the car doors slamming. I opened the car door and looked at the HUGE house.

"This your house?" I asked getting my luggage out. And i saw Hayes and Nash pull in.

"Yeah it is. You like?" Cathy said and i nodded.

I put my stuff in my room and went to hug Hayes.

"Goodnight baby girl." He said and he kissed me. It was slow and passionate.

"Goodnight Hayes." Mark said putting his hand on his shoulder. I smiled.

"Yeah goodnight." I said looking down embarrassed.

"Goodnight Mr. Throne." Hayes said waving.

"Go get ready for bed sweetie." Mark said letting me inside.

"Okay." I said.

I walked up to my huge room and started the shower. I got in and got right back out after doing everything.

I went to my dresser and got my pj's on and laid out my clothes for tomorrow.

I pulled my covers back and went to brush my teeth.

I walked downstairs after and overheard the couple talking.

"I don't know if we can let her date." I was surprised...wow. Okay...

"Honey...she is 16 almost 17...Let her live." Cathy said to Mark. I smiled.

I walked down all the way this time.

"Goodnight guys." I said and hugged them both.

"Have sweet dreams baby girl." Cathy said and Mark said, "Goodnight sweetie...see you in the morning." Sweetie is just his word i guess.

I walked upstairs and i got in bed and fell asleep excited for tomorrow at a new-ish school.