Ch. 18

-Maddys pov-
I woke up and checked the time. It was 12:00.
"Holy shit! I'm late for school!" I said. Then I noticed Hayes was laying on the bed sleeping. His bed.
"Babe? What's up?" He asked in his rough morning voice.
"I thought we had school...." I said. I remembered the other night. About Mark yelling at me and stuff. I should probably go back home.
"Oh gosh! Nash is coming home today and Matts here with him this time!!" He said shooting up out of bed. I quickly put on sweatpants and my slides.

"MATTHEW!!!" I said running down the stairs not knowing no one knew I was here.
"NASH!" I heard Hayes yell behind me. I laughed and hugged Matt as hard as I could.
"I went to your house but you weren't there. They said you came here all mad and crying." Matt explained to me. I looked at my feet. "What's wrong." I looked at him and I gave him a pleading look.
"I don't want to live with them. He yelled at me saying that I'm under his roof and that I'm your father or something like that.." I said. "I got offended when he said he was my dad because, well....he isn't! My dad is dead. And he can NEVER replace him..." I continued.
"Need me to talk to him?" He asked I nodded my head yes. I hope he gets the message to him.

-------
-Matts pov-
I knocked on the door and Mark answered.
"Can I talk to you real quick? Out here?" He stepped outside with a worried face.
"What's up Matthew?" He asked shaking my hand.

"Uhm....listen. If this comes out rude...or wrong, stop me. Maddy, she's getting used to this family thing. And I need you to know that since she's never had an actual dad...she's never had actual punishment or a good talking to. I completely understand if you say that you're new to this. I get it. That was me when I had to take care of her. And trust me, I was regretting it the first day. But she's my sister. I'd take a bullet for her....and since she's in your hands now...id like you to do the same. Be easy on her. There isn't a lot of things she can do like that but, I can promise you that she'll do them eventually." I said. He was just looking at me in amazement. He put his hand on my shoulder and looked down.

"Look here. That was an amazing speech, but I have to give my daughter discipline when she does wrong-" I removed his hand from my shoulder and gave him a good stare.

"That's the thing Mark. You're not her father. You'll never get up to that level to her. " He might be older than me but I can act older though. "I'm going to the court tomorrow to get back custody of Maddy. Shes coming here in an hour or two to pack her bags.. I don't want you to take this the wrong way...it's just that, you suck at parenting." I said. Then I walked back to my car and drove to Hayes' house.

------
-Hayes' pov-
I saw Matt drive up in the driveway. He opened the door and said, "Maddy. Get in the truck...your going to pack your things. Then you're coming here to stay the night." I looked at her. She teared up and looked down. Than looked up again wiping her tears.
"It's all because of me, isn't it?" She said to him. He shook his head no and he gave her a hug. She went to
The truck and I saw her bawling her eyes out.

Then she ran back in the house.

"Before we go, I have to say something."