Ch. 30

-Matt's pov-

Maddy has been sleeping since we got on the bus from New York to Maine. We skipped the performance and everything in general because she wouldn't wake up...We got really worried so we took her to the hospital. They said that she had something very wrong with her...it was some long word and they said they didn't know when she would wake up.

Everyone was sitting in the waiting room waiting to see if anything would change like a eye flutter a nose twitch or a hand movement. But nothing.. Hayes cried a whole bunch and he said that if he just kissed her it'd work but I knew it wouldn't. Neither did the guys...

The nurse who was very hot by the way, came out quickly with a smile on her face.

"Come quick! She's twitching her leg." She said. I basically ran into the room and held her hand. I was saying over and over 'wake up Maddy! Wake up!'

And just like that her eyes fluttered open with her shooting up like a fire cracker. Then she started to talk.

"Was that all a dream?" She asked looking around and stopping in my eyes.

"Was what all a dream?" I asked . She started to rub her head.

"You just got rejected by your Fiance who just had sex with a druggie. You and you," She said pointing at the Jack's. "you guys were on world tour. Nash, you had a wife and became to smoke a lot....and drifted off. Shawn, me and you didn't talk at all because you went off with your new wife named Carrie with a baby girl. Cam, you had a girlfriend and not much went on in your life." She said pointing to everyone while talking.

"What about me?" Hayes asked...Shut up Grier...she always thinks bad about you.

"I don't know....you weren't really in the picture." She sad scratching the back of her head. "But, I broke up with my boyfriend because he got this roll at playing David R....Something that started with an R but he was in this 35 minute long sex scene and I told him it was basically like porn and he said he was paying for us...so I left. He was hot though...Man he was smoking. But anyway, I was studying for my Doctorates Degree from SFSU and I loved Cali...and that's basically it." She said looking up at the ceiling. We all laughed.

"So you dreamt up a whole new life in the future??" Cam asked her she laughed and said, "I guess so....it was pretty legit though...until I had a car crash and that's when I woke up." They all gasped. "Guys! It's okay...I'm alive." She said laughing.

"Well, me and Nash have a meeting so...we'll definitely come to visit. Only if you have to stay another night." Cam said.

"Okay, love you guys." She said giving both of them hugs.

"Love you!" They said walking out.

"So, how long do I have to stay here?" She asked.
"The doctor said about one more night because they wanted to see if something was actually so bad you might die or something." I said and she nodded.
"Can you go to McDonalds or something and get me a cheeseburger? I'm hungry and I hate hospital food." I nodded and left along with the Jack's, Carter, and Shawn. Hayes wanted to talk to Maddy.

********************************************************

-Maddy's pov-

I say there after all of the boys except Hayes left. Hayes sat down fiddling with his fingers with his head down.

"So, I have to talk to about something." Hayes said breaking the silence. I raised my eyebrows indicating he could go on. "That day I saw you and Shawn kissing....It hurt me....I thought you loved me, Maddy....enough to where you wouldn't move on like that." He said looking at me and moving his hands making it seem more dramatic.

"Hayes....I did love you. Before knowing you'd laugh at a girl saying I was a whore and a slut. And before you invited another girl in New York...and before you called me a slut and accused me of being lesbo. Hayes, if I show you something....you promise not to tell anyone?" I said lifting only the side of my hospital dress up so he could only see my side thigh. He walked over so he could see my scars. "I did this in the middle of our relationship....I had so much grief and I didn't know how to handle it..." I said laughing a bit to fight back tears.
There was a pause. He ran his fingers on them feeling how I felt.
"Why did you do this, Maddy?" He asked with a tear slipping down his face and him looking at me in my eyes.
"You, Hayes.." I said now crying. He sat down engulfing me in a hug. He gently put my legs in his lap and holding me. I sat there letting it happen. I don't love him anymore...so it stopped because I had stopped crying and thought about what would happen if Shawn saw this happening? So he went back to the chair he sat in earlier. About 5 minutes later the boys walked in and Matt handed me the food and drink.

"Thanks." I said while finishing my food and throwing the paper in the trash. "The nurse stopped me in the hallway saying that the doctor said that you can leave today." Matt said. I smiled and asked for my clothes they packed.

I changed and put my messy hair in a bun. I walked out of the bathroom and Shawn offered a piggy back ride. I took the offer and got on his shoulders instead. Hayes was staring at me the whole time...burning a hole in my heart....

You can't do this to me Hayes.

           **************

You never know what you can be until you have an actual dream about it. And you never know who you will love until you cry on their shoulder when you hate them. It sounds funny I know but you have to understand that life has a plan and my life has a very screwed up plan.
                 *********
/1:45 a.m.\

"Maddy. Come with me." I hear Hayes whisper while taking my hand.
"Hayes, where are we going?" I ask and he laughed a little.
"You'll see." He said. After a little while of darkness he turned me around and pinned me against a wall and crashed his lips unto mine. I cringed while it happened because I didn't know what to think.
Then my hands took control and grabbed his head and pulled closer. But then I got control back and let go and pushed him back.
"What the fuck? Fuckkk." I said questioning at first and then realizing that I kissed back for a second.
"What? Are you regretting what just happened?" Hayes asked strong closer. By then I felt his breath on my face. Nasty. Anyway.
"Well, yes Hayes! I hate you! Why the fuck would I kiss you?! And why the fuck would you start the kissing?!" I started to yell. He grabbed my shoulders and leaned into my neck and started kissing all around until I let out a loud moan.
"Because. I. Love. You." He said in between kisses. I started to lean my head back but then pushed him back. I heard him stumble back.
"But I don't, Hayes!" He grabbed my thigh and propped my leg up on his hip. But when he heard what I said he let go and moved back.
"What's your deal, Maddy?" He asked. I just walked away. I didn't know where I was...or what I was doing but I knew I didn't want to be there. Because I knew I loved him, and still do. And I don't want him to know that.
"MADDY!" I heard him say loudly walking fast to catch up. I didn't know he was that close but he grabbed my wrist and turned me around and we started to walk to other way...I guess towards the bus.
"I'm sorry." He said in a low voice.
"We don't speak about this. Ever." I said. He let go of my hand and turned around and looked at me.
"Let's get things straight first. You love me but just don't want to say because you want to be cool and 'love' Shawn. I know you love me and before you say anything I love you so much that I would literally jump in front of a car just to be with you." He said and I know he was crying.
"Can we please just keep going?" I asked pointing he nodded. "Thank you." I added.
             ***********
By now....my advise is to not get involved with hardcore life until you're fully prepared with armor and shields because it's going to give you tons of obstacles.