Ch. 8

--Maddy's pov--

Not again. Not this place called hell. I don't feel like going through this again. This is too hard for me to take on.

But than I was back in reality.

No one was in there and I looked at my bandaged arm.

"Hello?" I asked weakly. No one answered.

I looked behind me and there was the red button.

"Yes? How may i assist you?" The front desk manager said.

"Can I get a nurse in here please ma' am?" I asked trying to make it where she could hear me.

"Yes. She'll be on her way. Have a nice day." I pushed it again and a few minutes later there was a nurse in my room.

"Is everything alright?" I nodded. 

"May you bring Hayes Grier from the waiting room please?" She frowned.

"No. Visiting hours isn't right now sweetie I'm sorry." I sat myself up.

"When will that be?" I asked turning on the t.v obviously knowing she was new. No one calls a 16

 year old girl sweetie unless they don't know you or your records.

"In a few minutes." She said looking at the old t.v. hanging on the wall.

"And when will a few minutes be?" I asked looking at her.

"Uhm....like in 2 minutes." She said looking at me.

"Then why can't i see my friends now?" She rolled her eyes.

"Listen kid. It's against policies and I'm not trying to get fired on my first day. You either listen to me or shut up." I was shocked at how her attitude changed. Just had to give her the stink eye. How nice...

"Alright alright. Gosh give one eye and they go all crazy over you." She was leaving until she overheard me say that.

"What was that?" I looked at my invisible watch.

"I said 2 minutes are up. What? Did you think i was saying something rude?" I asked in an innocent tone.

She had rolled her eyes and took her walkie talkie out. 

"Please send Hayes Grier to room 527." I smiled. I never thought i would be doing this but i guess i am.

"Thank you doll." I said grinning.

After watching an old black and white movie Hayes walked in with another girl who walked out as soon as she stepped in the doorway.

"You called?" He asked standing there.

"Can you sit down in front of me please?" I asked gesturing the empty spot in front of me.

"Yeah sure." He said shyly. "How's your arm?" He asked looking at it.

"Amazing." We both laughed noticing my sarcasm.

"So?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah. About what i am guessing last night...about how i said i wouldnt forgive you or something like that. I will. A lot of people mess up and you did...for sure...but i didn't realize that i messed up to so i should also be asking for your forgiveness also. I thought about this long and hard. So will you forgive me? And can we be friends again...and start over?" I asked. He had a huge smile.

"Just friends?" He asked looking serious.

"I need to actually know what i want to do with my life before i throw it away. You know? Not saying i wouldn't date anyone. But if i did i'll ask what your basis is first." I informed him.

"Sounds good. Want some ice cream?" He asked.

"No. I'm fine but i have something else to tell you." I said. He nodded. "If i like someone other than you don't flip. I still like you no matter what. But if you do something really, really stupid like smoke weed...than you're on your own buddy." He laughed and said okay. He kissed my fore head and smiled. 

"See you later." He said. Than i just remembered i needed to talk to Shawn.

"WAIT. Bring Shawn in the room please. I need to talk to him." I said looking down sad.

"Sure. Is everything okay?" He asked looking like he wanted to know about my life now.

"Hopefully. We can only wish for the best." I said nervously laughing.

A few minutes later Shawn came in with stitches on his face. I gasped at the sight of him hurt.

"Shawn...what happened." I asked gesturing him to come so i could look at his face. 

"Maddy I'm fine." He said. He pushed my hands away and winced. He's pissed at me.

"What's wrong." I said. I patted the spot in front of me.

"No. I'm not sitting down with you." I looked shocked. I almost started crying.

"And why the hell not? I need to know what the hell is wrong." I said sternly.

"If we are going to be together fine. But i don't want to play games. I like you Maddy. I honestly do. But i can't like you if you are on and off with me and Hayes." He explained. I was confused.

"What did Hayes say exactly as he walked into the waiting room?" I asked.

"That you and him are back together." That son of a bitch.

"Lie. I said i would like him no matter what. As a friend. But then i said if i liked someone else dont flip.. I guess-.....i don't even know what to think any more." I started to cry.

"Maddy. You just need to be his friend for right now after ever-" I cut him off.

"I am!" I said and sobbed more.

"Baby girl...come here." He said. He hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

"Shawn?"

"Yes."

"What are we?"

"Together."

.....

Don't worry this is still a Hayes fanfiction... lol...

love you guys.

--Hannah :*