Chapter 3

2 days later at practice:

Allison's POV

"Oh my god! Are you kidding me?!" I yell at Daisy from across the gym. "I know you did that on purpose you saw I wasn't ready and you threw the ball at me. Ugh"

"Me? Why I would never do such a thing!" She shouts, she then turns away and laughs.

"Lopez!" Yells coach from the doorway "10 laps. now! I saw you" I smile at her an she rolls her eyes at me.

"You okay Tate?"

"Not really, I can't put pressure on it."

"Ed, do me a favor- send over one of the guys so they can help Allison up to Bob" Ed is the boys baseball coach I hear him yell, "Perez, go."

I'm on the ground putting pressure on my right ankle when I see Alex walking towards me. Damn he looks sexy. He's in a pair of grey basketball shorts and a muscle tee. He lifts the shirt to wipe the glistening sweat off his forehead, which reveals his amazing set of abs and his V-Cut.

"You okay?" He asks, interrupting me from my very dirty thoughts.

I respond by saying " I don't know. For her sake,  Daisy better hope I'm not. I swear to god I will get her back for this."

"Don't worry about her. Leave it be, because they'll kick you off the team if you fight, and since you're on scholarship they may kick you out of the school."

"That can't be any worse than this." I say, burying my head in my lap.

"Ally, it's going to get better! Listen to me- no please don't cry. Hold it in, just for a minute. Don't let them see you cry."

I manage to hold in my tears a little longer. I try to get up and Alex sees me struggling so he says "hold on, you're going to strain yourself" he kneels down to me and tells me to wrap my arms around his neck, I do as I'm told and then he slides his arms under the gap between my legs and the floor and he lifts me up.

"You can just help my hop over there. You don't need to carry me." I say

" I might as well, being hurt sucks, I'm just trying to make you comfortable."

"Well I really do appreciate it."

"Anytime."

To my disbelief he lowers his head to mine and as we're walking and kisses me. Right there. For the entire gym to see. Everyone just stares. Daisy stops in her tracks and gives us the death stare.

"What are you doing? I thought we were keeping this a secret. And what about coach?"

"They say that every year, but they know that when you spend this much time together, stuff happens. They can't stop it. And just trust me, I'll tell you later."

We make it to trainer Bob's office and Alex lays me on the bed. Bob presses my foot in different places asking me how much it hurts. Let me tell you. It hurts a lot.

"Do you mind if I stay in here with you?" Asks Alex. I nod my head and he goes over to a seat on the side of the room.

"Allison, excuse me for a moment." Says Bob. I hear him making a phone call but can't tell what he's saying. He comes back into the room and says,

"Allison, I was just calling the hospital-"

My heart begins pounding "Why?!"

"To me it would appear that you have a grade 3 ankle sprain. Since I don't have the technology needed for a proper diagnosis I'm sending you to the hospital to meet with one of my buddies. His name is Lance Ryders and he's an orthopedic doctor and surgeon"