Chapter 5

-One Week Later- 

Allison's POV

 "Ma, do you mind if Alex comes over for dinner? I feel bad because he's all alone at home, his brother already headed upstate and his mom is away on business."

"I don't have a problem with it, talk to your father."

"Okay."

I walk into the living room and plop myself on the couch next to my dad. He's watching the Yankees spring training game. Cano is up to the plate and Santana is pitching; he swings and grounds out to the short stop. My dad finally realizes that I've been sitting here as intrigued in the game as he had.

"What's up mamita?'

"Dad do you mind if Alex comes over for dinner?"

"That's fine by me. Aren't you seeing him tomorrow though? "

"Yeah, but I feel bad. He's home all alone. His mom is away at a business meeting and his brother left for the lodge this afternoon."

"I understand. That's fine he can come." Says my dad putting his focus back on the screen.

I send Alex a quick text letting him know that my parent said he could come. Then, I plop on the couch and lift up my foot. This boot is so itchy! I figure that if I wear it all day today I won't have to keep it on all day tomorrow.

Alex comes in and resembles a delivery man with a shopping bag in hand and 2 bouquets of flowers.

He hands the smaller of the 2 to my mother.

"Good evening sir." He says to my father.

He walk over to me and hands me the other bunch of flowers. He kisses my cheek and asks how I'm feeling. I say I'm okay, he then goes over to the counter and puts down a bakery wrapped box and says,

" I hope you guys like sweets."

"Thank you son." Says my dad to him.

"Dinner is ready everyone!" Shouts my mother from the kitchen. We all go to the mahogany, 8 seat table where the food is set out. My mom made baked macaroni and chicken. As a side we have Cesar salad and biscuits.

-Alex's POV-

I take a good look at the feast that has bestowed in front of me.

"Everything looks great Mrs. Tate"

"Thank you sweetie. And please, call me Maria."

"Oh thank you."

I can see Ally's dad looking at me and I know something's coming.

"So Alex. We didn't get to talk much the other day. Tell me about yourself."

"Sure, um what would you like to know?"

"About you. Tell your plans and ambitions, about your home, stuff like that. "

"Well, I have an older brother. His name is Robert, but we call him Tito; he's 20 and my moms name is Christy."

"How about your father?"

"Dad!" Says Ally.

"Ally, relax. It's okay." I reassure her.

"My dad walked out on us a few years ago. I was 4 when he and my mom got into an argument and he just never came back- I haven't heard from him or of him since then."

"Oh, I'm sorry son."

"It's okay- I wasn't expecting you to know. It doesn't bother me anymore."