Chapter 13

Alex's POV

She's pregnant?! I've been with her for almost 3 years and this has never even been a possibility. We're always so careful and the one time it's a spur of the moment thing, she gets pregnant; With twins!

I'm going to have to leave school. No, I need to support them. How is she going to go to school? I guess my mom could always watch the kids and she could commute. The draft is at the end of this year, maybe I'll get pulled onto a team and then transfer to a school close enough for a commute.

"Alex, you alright man?" Say Eric, my roommate.

"Not at all."

"What's wrong? Trouble in paradise?"

"Eric, my girlfriend is pregnant. With 2 kids."

"Holy shit. I'm sorry bro. I know how you feel."

"How?"

"My ex was pregnant but she lost it."

"I'm sorry."

"It's ok, the past is the past. Are you going to keep them?"

"I hope so. I can't imagine aborting them."

"What about adoption?"

"Those are my babies. I can't just give them away. I'm going over there to talk to Ally."

"What about coach?"

"I'll text him and tell him there was a family emergency. Do not say a word."

"It's not my business to tell. "

'Thanks man, I'll be back In a few days."

"Good luck! Let me know if you need anything."

"Thanks! Oh and Eric."

"Yeah?"

"Don't let anyone sleep in my bed."

"You got it."

I leave the room with my overnight bag in hand. I step through the college'a enclosed campus and onto the street. I sit at the bench and wait for the free shuttle to come by.

Once it comes, it drives me to Jamaica Bay where I take the J train to grand central and then I hop onto the metro north train.

I'm going to be a father. I'm barely 20 years old and I'm going to be the father to twins. How will I raise them? I don't know anything about children! I'm going to be such a horrible dad and then Allison will leave me for sure.

These thoughts continue to haunt me as I sleep. The train finally arrives to my stop and when I step onto the platform I see my brother waiting there for me. I go over to him and give him a hug.

"Hey bro, how you doing?" he asks me.

"Pretty awful actually. I'm really hungry though can we go get some food and then talk?"

"Sure thing."

Tito drives us over to "My Place" bar where we talk over beer and wings,

"Alex, man, how did this happen?"

"It just did. We've been together almost 3 years and this has never happened. We've always been so careful because neither one of us wanted this happen. Ally was supposed to finish school and get a job before we even considered having kids. If we were even together that long. Which until now, I never doubted."

"Alex, you have to stay with her."

"That's not what I mean Tito. She probably hates me and I'm going to suck as a father she'll leave me so fast I won't even see it coming."