Chapter 7

** AUTHOR'S NOTE. THIS CHAPTER MAY HAVE SOME SITUATIONS NOT SUITABLE FOR ALL AUDIENCES **

Allison's POV

We finish up our ice cream and get back into Alex's car. I can tell that there's so much he wants to say but he's holding it all in.

We pull up to my house at 11:03 and we both step out of the car. Alex walks me to my from door and says,

"Thank you for letting me bring you today. This is the best time I've had in a long time."

"Thank you for bringing me with you." We give each other a peck and then I ring the doorbell to my house.

My father answers the door and gives me a kiss. He then shakes hands with Alex. "Right on time. Thank you." Alex nods his head and goes back into his car. I walk inside my house and stretch.

"Dad, I'm going up to bed, it's been a long day. I'll tell you all about tomorrow."

I go up into my room and reflect the day- I really did have a great time, but I think the best part about everything was being able to talk. No one knows about Jerome and getting it out is a huge weight off of me. I feel like I ruined the entire day though, I hope Alex can look past my crazy life enough to realize that I'm really not a psycho.

-Alex's POV

This has definitely been a long day. I'm glad I got to spend it with her. I pretty positive had today not happened I would've never known about Jerome. Then again maybe it's better I didn't know. I can see that getting through season is going to kill me; or its going to kill him.

~Monday at Practice~

I walk into the gym and sit out on the floor I stretch a little until I see Allison hobble into the gym with her boot on. I hop up and walk over to her, mimicking her limp.

"Look you're a little taller" I say as I hug her. The boot adds like 2 inches to her, however, with her being only 5'2 with the boot on, she's barely at my chest. I stand nearly a foot taller at 6'1. I bend down a little and give her a kiss.

"What are you doing here?"

"I have to give coach my updated forms."

"Oh, did the doctor say something?"

"Well he said it's healing well, and I should be back in 2 weeks."

I catch her looking over at Jermone,

"Mama, don't worry about him. I got you. He'll get his and he'll know to not ever look at you again."

"Alex, I don't want you to do anything. I actually just want to talk to him. I'm sticking around for practice today and I need to talk to him. There's a lot I never got to say him."

"Are you sure that's a good idea Ally?"

"It's what I need to do for me."

"Alright, I'll be here though. I need to make sure everything is ok."

"How about you wait in your car and if anything happens to me you can be all superman like and save me?"

"Sounds good. Alright I have to get back to practice, see you later."

I'm off the entire 2 hours we practice. I can't pitch a strike, I can't hit a ball. I'm just too distracted to be able to focus on anything. I look over to the girl's side and see that Daisy isn't here again. She must be in it deep.

Practice is over and I nod at Ally to signal to her that I'll be in my car. The gym clears out, when only Jerome is left I leave...

-Allison's POV