Recovery

ALRIGHTY PEOPLES. THE STORY IS ALMOST OVER BUT I AM CONTEMPLATING A SEQUAL! LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OR WANT!! Only a few more chapters. Carry on my wayward readers
-------
Madi's POV
Dally had been getting better, but he was a bit snappy occasionally. I had only gotten mad once, when he snapped at little Johnnycake. I loved that little boy like a son. I had slammed him against the wall by his collar, "YOU! Shut your damn mouth. You have absolutely NO reason to yell at the poor little child! Don't yell at Johnny! I don't care who you are, you never yell at Johnny!" I damn near quoted what he had said to me so many months ago.

Dallas's blazing eyes died down and he pulled me and Johnny into a hug, "I-I'm sorry. Hell, I didn't mean any of it, Johnnycake. I promise, ya hear?" Johnny nodded slowly, trying to hold himself together. He had tears in his big, dark eyes, and he was biting his bottom lip real hard. He'd been acting even worse than normal lately. Normally he was real jumpy, but wasn't to bothered by words. Recently he had been extra jumpy and flinched at just about everything you said to him.

He blinked quickly, trying to rid his eyes of the tears. They left his eyes alright, by falling down his face. Large, fat tears fell, but he didn't make a noise. "C'mon, now. Whatcha crying for, Johnny?" Dally's voice had that soft tone saved for me and Johnny only. Johnny wiped at his eyes quickly, "Sorry, Dal. I've just been real high strung lately..." I stroked his jet black locks softly, "Was it your parents, Johnny? Did they do something to ya?" He nodded and looked down, pulling his shirt up on the side to expose his ribs. Dark, discolored bruises covered his abdomen, and at least a few ribs weren't sitting right. It was almost to much to look at. He looked a bit queasy, "He's gonna kill me one of these days. Dying scares me..." I slammed my hand onto my leg, "That is it! You ain't staying there no longer! I've had it with seeing Johnny like this! Dal, your fake I.D. makes you old enough to adopt Johnny right? That's what we'll do! I can get the papers and fake the signatures for Johnny's parents! I ain't letting him go back to that hellhole!"

We got all the paperwork within two weeks. The blues came over to make sure it was a safe living environment for Johnnycake. With the okay on that, we were home free! We turned the guest room into Johnny's room. We let him pick the paint color and get a few pictures and such to put up. He was going to have a good life. So long as me and Dally were around, we'd protect that little boy. He was recovering as much as Dallas, at this point.