First Date Do-Over

Dallas POV

I felt really bad about the date. I wanna make it up to Maddie. She deserved a better date. I feel like a failure. Madison was a sweet girl. She deserves better than me, but she loves me. Love. Such a strange world. I never really have been in love. I didn't love nobody. All I ever had done close to love was have one night stands. Madison wasn't like any of those girls. I really loved her.

I walked toward the Curtis house. Luck was on my side. Maddie was here thank goodness. I soon as I walked in she noticed me, "Hey Dally!" "Hey Maddie," I replied. She scooted over on the couch and beckoned me over. I sat beside her and smiled. She turned and gave me a kiss on the cheek, "Whatcha doin' Dal?" I smiled, "I wanted to make up for our date. Are you busy tommorow night?" Her blue-gray eyes sparkled, "I'm not busy tomorrow. What do you have planned?" I put my arm around her shoulder, "We could go to the movies. Uh I mean only if you wanted to." She hugged me, "That sound perfect! What time?" I smiled, "8 o' clock sound good?" She nodded and snuggled into my side. She was the best girlfriend ever.

~The Next Night 8:00~

I pulled up at Madison's house. She had me messed up. I was extremely nervous. Why does she make me so nervous. I pulled myself together and went to knock on her door. I was about to when the butterflies in my stomach started flying. I took a few deep breaths and knocked on the door. Madison opened the door and pressed a finger to her lips. I knew she was telling me to be quiet. She closed the door quietly and grabbed my hand.

I led her to the car and opened the door for her. She finally said something, "Sorry about having to be quiet my dad was passed out drunk. I didn't want to wake him up or..." I knew what she meant. I remembered the time we found her in her yard after her dad beat her. I tensed up and she put her delicate hand on my shoulder, "I-Its okay Dal..." I sighed, "No it's not Mads. He hurt you. I don't want anyone to hurt you. I love you!" As soon as those words left my mouth she teared up and hugged me. She looked up at me. she had to look up quite a bit she was only 5'8 and I was 6'2. She smiled, "Dallas you are the first person to love me since my mom left. I love you so much." I remember once she told me her mom left because her dad had just started abusing them. She did her best to try and take Madison with her but Alex, Madison's dad, wouldn't let it happen.

When we got to the movies we sat in the front row. I didn't pay any attention to the movie. I was to busy looking at Madison. Her eyes sparkled. She was twirling her soft blonde hair on her finger. We were sharing a soda and popcorn. We reached down for popcorn at the same time and our hands brushed. She giggled and looked at me. I leaned over and kissed her soft lips. When the movie was over I took her back to her house. I walked her up to the door. Right before she went inside she kissed me one last time.

This was the best date ever.