Dixie's Return

Madison POV
I woke up at 7:30. We were going to meet my mom at the DX at 10:00. I was going to be ready. I got a shower and put on my favorite dress. It was lavender with light blue flowers and went just past my knees. It was really pretty. I started straightening my hair and put a blue flower clip in my hair. I looked at the clock. It was already 8:45. I started to do my make-up. When I was finished it was 9:30. Dally was up and dressed already, but his hair was a mess. "Dallas! Your hair is a mess!" He chuckled as I fussed over his messy hair. "Hurry Dal! We might be late!" I yelled. It was 9:45. We needed to leave. He grabbed the keys, "Come on."

I was so nervous. When we got to the DX I was shaking terribly. "Calm down," Dallas's voice was soothing. I got out of the car. I paced a little bit. "Madison?" I heard a female voice say. I turned and saw a woman with straight raven hair in a messy bun and crystal blue eyes. "Huh?" I said. She smiled, "I shouldn't has expected you to recognize me. It's been about 10 years." I felt my jaw drop and tears well up in my eyes, "Mom..." She hugged me tight, "My precious daughter. I'm so sorry I left. I tried to get you away from your father. I really did. I'm never leaving you again." I cried on her shoulder, "I missed you, Mommy!" I was so happy to have her back.

I forgot Soda and Steve were working here today. They both came to see why their friend was sobbing on the shoulders of a stranger. "Madison? You okay?" Soda asked. I just nodded, not trusting my own voice. Soda didn't really believe me, "Madison you rarely cry and now you're sobbing on a stranger's shoulder." I took a second to calm down. "Okay this is gonna be a crazy story..." I started. Soda chuckled, "It is a kinda slow day. So go ahead, tell your story."

I explained as quickly as possible. Soda and Steve seemed to understand now. My mom hugged my again. I smiled and hugged back. Nothing could ruin my day. Mom spoke, "I already have a house bought. I have the address, but I don't know Tulsa as well anymore." I smiled, "Me and Dal will help you find the place!" I felt my heart swell. She told me the address. I knew that street. It was in a small forest. "I know where that is!" I exclaimed happily. "Really?" Mom said. I nodded happily. "Well, I need to get there soon. I've got a bit of unpacking to do. I didn't bring a lot," She said. "I'll get you there!" I felt light as air. Me and my mom got in her car. Dally was going to follow us.

When we got to the address, I saw a quaint cottage. There were flowers all in he front yard (Imagine Miss Honey's cottage from Matilda). "Wow!" we both said. She chuckled, "great minds think alike, you know. I had a wonderful mother. It was like a fairy tale with a happy ending. But this was only a beginning. The beginning of a happy era.