Old Ways

Zari

-3 weeks later -

"Chris don't you even dare sit there and fucking lie to me, you've been lying to me all fucking night! First you lie about the waitress that's was flirting with you, then it was the next hoe, and the next hoe Chris! I'm tired of being your fucking second choice!" I screamed in Chris face before slightly turning my body to the right and connecting my fist to the mirror making it shatter in a million pieces.

I couldn't take it no more. I have been here for three weeks; three freaking weeks and my life was like how it was back in high school together. Everybody thought we were the power couple, the 'it' couple. Everybody wanted to be us, but they never knew what behind closed doors was nobody knew, and nobody was never going to find out.

"You stupid little bitch!" He yelled at me as he slammed my back into the wall of his bedroom.

"Chris, I swear I wasn't doing anything!" I cried as I felt my nose start to leak, but I dare not move, especially when he's angry.

"So, who the fuck is this Jordan nigga huh?" He first yelled in my face. "Why the fuck is he texting your damn phone back to back!" He yelled in my ear.

"Chris, I don't know you ask him!" I cried out even louder.

"You fucking that nigga Zari? " He growled in my ear gripping my shoulder and pulled me off the wall turning me around, so I was facing him.

"No Chris I love you. I would never cheat on you!" I yelled wiping my nose and my eyes.

How dare he call me a cheater! I'm nothing but loyal to him!

"Don't lie to me Zari," He scoffed before walking away from me.

"You know what let me call this nigga," He snatched my phone off the bed and began to dial his number.

"Hello, Zari, you finished our project yet?" I heard the bass in his voice from how loud the volume on my phone was. Chris looked at me and mugged.

"Yo, why the fuck you are calling my girl like this?" Chris voice was smooth and calm nothing like just a few seconds ago.

I heard Jordan chuckle then laughed.

"Chill, I don't want your girlfriend I have a girlfriend already I'm just calling to see if her side of the project is done."

Chris looked at me; his intense glare soon turned into apologetic eyes. He hung up the phone and softly laid it down back on the bed.

"Baby I'm so sorry," He started walking towards me, but I backed out. I put my hands up to stop him from getting closer.

I stepped from around him and grabbed my purse while grabbing my phone as well.

"I hate you," I cried swinging open his bedroom door and stormed out.

"Baby, I'm sorry!" I heard Chris yelled behind me and his footsteps seem to have gotten quicker.

I picked up my pace and ran through the grass of his front lawn and stopped to look around. I dropped my things on the ground and looked to the sky asking why this was happening to me out of all people. Why am I being cheated on. Why am I the one that's being abused emotionally and physically I'm nothing but good to him.

I'm nothing but good.

"I'm nothing but good to you Chris. Fuck it I'm going back home," I'm tired of stressing out to him that I'm nothing but good.

"Ma, don't leave. I need you here with me," He finally spoke after all I said he just now saying something.

"You don't need me you have your little hoes," I said in disgust I grabbed my duffle bag and stuffed it with random pieces of clothing.

"Zari, don't leave me," He stated again but this time standing over me.

I stood to my feet and slung the duffle bag over my shoulder.

"Zari, got dammit you can't leave me!" He yelled causing me to jump a little.

"And why the hell not!" I yelled back. My body slowly started to calm down from the adrenaline rush I once had and the hand that shattered the mirror was starting to throb in pain. It wasn't bearable if you asked me the pain screamed at me causing me to lightly grip my hand and cry out.

"Shit, Chris look what you made me do you asshole!" I yelled at him in pain

"I'm going to fucking kill you," I felt the tears coming and I knew they we're coming. I looked up at the ceiling batting my eyes then looked back at my hand. This was all too overwhelming I couldn't take this, at least not anymore.

"Don't say that baby I love you, I'm sorry all this went down tonight on our date," He said trying to sound apologetic. He got in between my legs and held on to my forearm.

"Get off me," I cried shaking my head and turning my body side to side so I could at least attempt to leave.

"Can you keep still and let me talk to you Zari. Please baby," He softly said as he slowly grabbed my now swollen, and bleeding hand in his.

I cried out in agony and snatched my hand back feeling the tiny shards of glass that I haven't noticed ripped deeper into my skin.

"Take me to the hospital!" I cried louder.

"I'm sorry baby but I can't do that," He mumbled while licking his lips.

I looked at him as if he was crazy. What the hell do he mean he can't take me!?

"What the hell do you mean?!" I sniffed now getting agitated.

"I just can't. Let me take care of you," He mumbled lightly before rummaging under her bed and getting out the first aid kit.

"Chris you're not a damn doctor. Got dammit take me to one!" I screamed at him.

He looked at me then stood up. He closed the first aid kit and picked it up before bashing it beside my head. He did it once more and I felt my world turn black.

- - - -

The sound of heavy rain hitting the window is what woke me up.

"Ugh, my head is killing me," I groaned holding the side of my head with my wounded hand.

I looked around the dark room and sat up instantly laying back down. The pain was to intense right now. To be honest I don't even know why my head hurts like this. I don't remember a thing that actually happened tonight besides the dinner and me punching the mirror.

I looked down at my hand and groaned again. I felt the bed moved beside me and my head turned to that direction to see a sleeping Chris. I looked down at my body and sighed light getting under the covers and turning on my side to face him.

I stared at him intensely, analyzing his face.

"Stop doing that weird Shit." He snapped in his sleep.

I sighed lightly and decided that I'll ask him what happened in the morning.

I just hope he's not going back to his old ways