Start of a New Life

Sade

It was time for me and my baby to leave the hospital and I was ready to get the hell out of here. The food was terrible and the number of tests they had to put me and my baby through has left me and her restless and annoyed.

I gently put Reagan into her car seat and buckled her up, making sure not to wake her up since this was the only moment she could catch some kind or rest.

Chris mother said she was on the way, so I just decided to get ready and head on to the main floor. There was no need for her to come up the way up to the room to turn around a leave as soon as she steps foot inside.

I put the blanket over Reagan and her car seat and put her baby bag over my shoulder as I picked up her car seat walking out the hospital room. I made the journey to the first floor and walked out the hospital breathing in the cool crisp air.

Damn it feels good to be out here. I sat on the bench and sat the car seat next to me. I uncovered the car seat to see Reagan sleeping still. I smiled lightly and put the cover back over her head.

I looked up and down the street bouncing my leg lightly. A car pulled up in front of me and stopped. I arched my brow as the car cut off and the door to the driver side swung open.

And there he was.

That little bitch.

He walked towards me, stopped, and looked down at me.

I folded my arms over my chest and looked up at him. I swear if looks could kill he would be dead by now.

"Where's your mother? She's the one that supposed to pick me up, not my daughters sperm donator." I scoffed.

He chuckled and licked his lips.

"Man stop acting like that towards me," He sat on the other side of me, and I scooted away from him. I have absolute no reason to be in his presence.

"Nigga fuck you," I spat standing up and picking Reagan car seat up.

"So, it's fuck me now?" He asked standing up as well.

"Yes, it's fuck you. You are a sorry ass little man!" I yelled in his face pressing my finger in the middle of his face.

"The fuck you mean I'm a sorry ass little man when I been there for your ass since day one," He held up one finger to my face and I smacked it out my face.

"Yes, you're a bitch how are you going to miss our baby's birth to fuck hoes Chris?" I questioned him. "Hoes that have nothing to offer you but what is in between their legs, when I gave you something that is your life line. I laid in that hospital bed in pain to birth a child that you decided that you wanted. I should cut your dick off and feed it to some random ass dogs!!" I screamed louder.

"I swear to God I hate your yellow ass. Why couldn't you just leave me alone to my happy ass life I had without you? " I mumbled while shaking my head. My life was ruined.

"Man shut all that shit up I'm here, now right?" He sucked his teeth as he looked up at the sky.

I looked up at him and sighed heavily. He didn't get it and he'll never get.

"Man fuck you I'll walk back," I stepped away from him and walked into the direction of the house.

"Ma."

I ignored him and continued to walk.

"Where are you going with Reagan?" I heard him as his voice got closer to me.

I ignored him once more, still walking. I heard his footsteps behind me but fuck him. He doesn't deserve to have me or his baby in his life. Shit, he'll probably make more anyways.

He pulled my arm lightly and swung me around so that we we're facing each other.

"Look I'm sorry 'iight?" He licked his lips and gripped my waist."

I sucked my teeth and held my head back.

"You know how many times I heard that from your ass Chris?" I shook my head in disappointment.

"I'm tired of hearing that from somebody who is not sorry for what they have done. I'm tired and done with you completely, but where can I go? It's because of you and your selfish ways that I'm stuck here with a baby that I'm not even ready for."

"You don't mean that. Stop saying shit like that," He licked his lips and gradually took Reagan's car seat out my hands. "Now let's go home so we can sort all this out," He walked towards his car and puts Reagan in so calm and everything like none this was affecting him.

I couldn't believe him, not one damn bit I swear the hate that I currently had for him was growing stronger by the second.

"Are you coming or what?" He asked looked towards me.

I rolled my eyes not having choice. I got into the backseat of the car slammed the door.

"Stop slamming my shit," He licked his lips and got in the car starting it and driving off.

"Kiss my ass," I mumbled.

"Gladly," I rolled my eyes from his remark and sat back in the chair staring at nothing in particular.

The ride back was quiet sides the faint cries from Reagan. I to the side of me and uncovered the blanket. Even though the doctor said that it is not safe to take a baby out the car seat, I didn't listen, what's the worst that could happen if were already in the afterlife?

Wrapping her in the covers I picked her up gently and turned back in my seat fixing her on my arm.

"Are you hungry mommy's baby?" I asked.

She cried out louder and her face turned red. I reached down into the diaper bag to get her bottle and put it in her mouth. Instantly she started drinking.

"Aww baby you were hungry," I cooed kissing her forehead.

"She's so tiny," I heard him mumbled. I glanced up at him through the rearview mirror

I rolled my eyes and sucked my teeth.

"And there you see right there driving if you looked in the front, your punk ass daddy who didn't come see you until four days after your birth."

He sucked his teeth.

"Shut up with that shit," Chris mugged.

After Reagan finished her bottle I laid her on my shoulder and patted her small body until she burped. I smiled lightly and rocked her back to sleep.

It was late when we got back to the home and not much was said, and I liked that. There's was nothing he could say or do to get me out this fucked up mood because at the end of the day he was wrong, dead ass wrong.

We already set up Reagan's room across from our room. Everything thing felt so new and weird to me. I never thought this would be something happening in my life especially with someone like Chris.

I shook my head and sighed. He looked at me and smirked to himself.

"What the fuck are you smirking about?" I asked with much attitude in my voice.

"This is a start of a new life for me, for us ma it's amazing," He smiled.

I side eyed him and scoffed. I shook my head and left the room. I don't know what kind of stuff he was on, but it had to be something seriously strong for him to even say that kind of nonsense to me.