Not Me

Zari

Jolting out my sleep I sighed lightly wiping the beads of sweat off my forehead. I just had the worse dream that anyone could ever imagine.

Who the hell even dream about being killed, especially by their lover? That's some shit.

Shaking my head, I threw the covers off me and tilt my head in confusion as I looked around the room. Things were different, really different.

What the fuck?

His once graffiti walls were plain black color covered with pictures of him and his family. Gold trimmed along the white columns that was placed in each corner of the room, the high ceilings were glass like, the wood all throughout his room was mahogany.

I looked all around the room and looked at the bed.

Mmm, mahogany bedding, fit for a king.

Pssh, that nigga is nowhere close to a king.

I rolled off the bed since the bed was to goddamn wide and stood up. Plush black carpet trimmed the edge of the massive bed complementing the woodworks and the framing of the bed.

"Wow, since when did he get a sense of fashion?" I mumbled to myself before stepping off the carpet onto the cool wood floor. I looked around the room more and saw a huge throne and shook my head

He is so full of it.

I went up to a wall and looked at a few of the pictures. Some pictures were him, some were of old people, I'm guessing his grandparents, another one was a picture of him holding a skull in his hand and a heart in the other.

Classic Chris very freaking classic.

I rolled my eyes and walk off from the wall. Feeling a slight cramp in my pelvis I looked around for a bathroom.

Damn I didn't notice I had to piss that bad.

"Now which door is the bathroom? " I looked around the room spotting about six different doors. Sucking my teeth, I walked over to the first one on my left and opened it.

"Nope this is the closet," I closed the door and walked to the other door right across from it and opened it.

"Aha!" I walked in the bathroom and was instantly in a daze. The bathroom had beautiful white marble floors, marble vanity's, a huge glass walk-in shower that looks like you'll be taking a shower in the rain forest, a massive white and gold tub stood in the middle of the bathroom giving off and elegant look. I was in love with this bathroom. I don't even think I'll leave this bathroom. Ever.

Realizing I had to pee more than I thought I rushed across the huge bathroom and pulled my shorts down sitting on the toilet.

I felt relieved when I released my load. I quickly wiped myself and flushed then stood up. Pulling up my shorts I walked towards the sink and turned it on to wash my hands. Finally looking up at my reflection my heart stopped. I gripped at my cheeks and then my hair. Feeling all around my body I let out a scream.

"What the hell happened to me!" I didn't look like my usual self. I looked nothing like me. It's like I'm a complete different person.

I looked towards the door and saw Chris standing there with the biggest smile on his face.

"Look at me Chris. How could you be smiling when I'm going through this crisis!" I yelled at him.

"Aww, baby look at you, you look so beautiful," He chuckled walking up to me.

"Beautiful?" I questioned with my brow raised.

"What the hell Chris!?" I yelled at him. "I want me back I'm not even Zari anymore I looked like a fucking Amber, or Britney, or maybe even a Sade. What the hell happened to me!?" I semi yelled at him.

His smiled grew wider.

"You know your right you're not even Zari anymore I'm kind of liking the name Sade. "

I looked at him in disbelief.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

He ran his thumb across my cheek wiping the tear that I didn't even knew I had away and lightly cupped my face.

"I'm as serious as can be, remember how I asked you will you be mines eternally?"

I slowly nodded my head sniffing.

"Well this is your eternal self ma, you just have to get used to it."

"So, I'm dead?" I asked feeling the tears coming.

"Well, technically you are but in this scenery in this time period you're not." He slightly explained to me.

I looked up at him then looked back down sniffing before I covered my face with my hands and broke down.

How could he do this to me? How could he kill me and expect me to be okay with it?

I couldn't stop the tears that continued to come. I was honestly hurt that he would do something like this to me, out of all people why me?

Chris wrapped his big arms around my body and held me close to him. He placed a kiss on my forehead and sighed lightly.

"Stop crying baby girl I don't like to see you cry" he mumbled into my hair.

"So why do you continue to hurt me?" I asked him while my voice cracked. "How could you do this to me Chris? I thought you loved me," I cried into his chest.

"Baby, I do love you I love you more then I love myself. I did it, so we can be together forever. I added my blood to yours to bring you back to life, baby I love you deeply, and I wanted to show you how much I love you."

I looked up at him wiping my tears.

"What are you?" I asked taking a step back, but he pulled me back.

"What am I?" He chuckled lightly and sighed.

"Let's not worry about that now baby, let's worry about you," He pecked my lips and smirked on them.

"Shall we go meet the family?" He asked.

Before I even got a chance to protest, he grabbed my hand and walked out the bathroom and room in a quick manner.

"Wow," I mouthed while looking around.

Me being a different person slipped my mind for a second as I looked around the house we were in. It was beautiful. I looked like one of those fancy hotels only the rich would sleep in or even spend their time in.

"Where am I?" I asked running my hands down the wall feeling the smooth light gray paint run against my fingertips.

"We're in my castle," He licked his lips and looked back at me with a slight smile.

"A castle?" I arched my brow a little then laughed. "You a king or something?"

"Yes, I'm a king."

I looked at him as he looked at me.

"And you're my queen." He smiled at me before opening the huge French doors in front of us. Hundreds of people head turn and instantly parted like the red sea.

What the hell? I swear Chris got these people trained like dogs.

I looked up at Chris as he looked down at me. He pulled me in as he walked down the long strip of red carpet.

The room was awfully quiet, nobody seemed to say a word, nobody even seemed to move. I looked around and saw a few faces I recognized but couldn't put my finger on it.

It'll come to me later.

"Mom, and little ones meet Zari." I heard Chris voice say. I mugged up at him because I wasn't Zari, Zari had bright brown eyes and long curly hair. This person, the person I am now, had short hair and bright greenish grayish eyes, body type completely different and everything. I'm not Zari.

I quickly thought of a name that would fit this person I am now and smiled to myself.

"I'm not Zari anymore. Zari didn't look anything like this. You can call me Sade."