Blood That The River Cried

Chris

Once Sade left the table I sat back in my seat and stared at her mother.

"What?" She asked sipping on her tea.

"Was that shit called for?!" I snapped at her.

That shit was unnecessary and didn't need to be brought up at the moment, not when everything was going great this morning. I shook my head and stood up from the table.

"I got it!" I heard my little sister say from beside me.

I looked down at her and shook my head.

"You don't need to get in this Krystal."

"But she likes me most," She smiled.

She probably right so I sat back down and pointed my fingers towards the stairs.

"Go head," She quickly got up and ran up the stairs. I smiled at my little sister and looked at Sade's mother and my smiled instantly fell.

"Is there a problem?" She asked folding her hands over her chest.

"Yes, there is a problem. You being here and saying that shit is the problem, you need to go." I shook my head she really needs to go.

"And why should I leave?" She asked. "I just got here," She smirked.

I looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Get out."

"Make me," She said.

Make her? What type of disgusting shit that is? Make me?

I'm going to kill her old ass.

"Yo, honestly get out my house with all this make me shit, you grown as fuck and don't need to be playing those games," I stood up looking down at her.

"You can't make me," She tested standing up with her hands on the table.

I quickly dropped my head biting in my bottom, but before I could lift my head back up my mom was already in her face. Even though I don't condone any of that shit in my house, she was asking for it.

"Didn't my son say get out? Right now, you're disrespecting where he stays, and I will not allow that," My mom spat.

"Like I said I'm not leaving so if there's a problem fix it." Sade's mom announced.

My mom looked at me in disbelief then back at Vivien. Before I could say anything, my mom hit her with a right hook and my eyes widened.

"Damn mama!" I yelled jumping over the table and pulling her back.

I wasn't expecting that shit, maybe a push but not an actual hit.

"She needs to go!" My mom yelled.

"Alright ma, alright, she's leaving," I mumbled while walking her into the kitchen and handing her a bottle of water.

She gladly took it and gulp down half of the bottle.

I leaned in the counter and wiped my face. Waiting for Sade to come back stairs I smelt something pretty strange in the air. I scrunched my face up and sat pushed my body off the counter.

"Ma, you smell that?" I asked walking out the kitchen and looking around. Sade's mother was already gone, and everybody just stood around, looking just as confused as me.

"Aye, y'all smell that?" I asked scanning the crowd.

They all nodded their heads and looked at me.

"Where's Sade?!" I asked worriedly.

Everybody looked around and my hearts instantly sank. No don't tell me.

I looked towards the stairs and ran up the stairs as fast as I could with my closet friends and mother right behind me.

As I ran closer to my room the smell got worse. Staying strong I walked in the room and searched around, but nothing. I ran my hands down my face and sighed out in frustration.

I felt someone tapped my shoulder. I looked back to see my main man looking at me with an apologetic look on his face. I looked at him slightly confused and looked towards what he was pointing at.

I looked under my bathroom door and my heart broke into a million piece.

"Chris," My mother softly said. "Is that blood?"

I blinked a few times and walked towards the door placing my hand on the handle. I turned it but nothing.

"It's locked." I mumbled looking down at the blood that stained the floor pouring out the bathroom like a river. I shook the door knob until it broke, I threw it on the floor and pushed the door opened to see my baby, my love, my soon to be wife on the floor with a slit through her neck.

"Oh my gosh," I heard my mom gasp from behind me.

"Damn," I heard Michael mumbled under his breath.

I stared down at Sade's lifeless body and dropped down to my knees once I positioned myself in front of her. I pulled her in my arms and held her.

She looked at me with nothing in her body and that's when I lost it.

"I'm sorry ma, I love you please don't do this. I need you here. Why would you do this to me!" I practically screamed at her.

I need her here with me and she's just going to do this. Leave me like this, how could she?

"Chris," My mom whispered.

"This is the afterlife, you can't kill yourself again, somebody have to kill you their self," She finished.

I looked up at her then down at Sade.

"Really?" I asked sounding like a little child again.

"Yes, really," She nodded her head.

I never took my eyes off her neck as I got up and picked her I bridal style and walked her to our bed carefully putting her on the bed.

"She'll be awake in due time, I promise,"

Turned to look at my ma and sighed wiping my face.

"How you know?" I asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Because I once too looked for a way out," She wiped my tears away and walked out the room.

Michael looked at me and rubbed my back.

"It's okay man, she'll be up to par. "

I nodded my head and said a slight thank you.

"You probably thinking I'm bitch huh?" I chuckled shaking my head.

"Nah man never that. You thought you lost the woman you loved the most. I'll never think you'll be a bitch for that, you showed your pain and I applaud you for that, just treat your girl right and everything will be straight," Michael nodded his head and walked out the room.

Maybes he's right.