Chapter 15

The next day came and went pretty fast, then soon it was Monday and I was in my room pacing the floor. I had my phone in my hand thinking about what to say to Jason. I call him earlier that day but he didn't pick up, I wonder if he was mad at me now. Just then the doorbell ranged, both my parents were at work and I wasn't expecting anybody. I threw my hair up in a quick bun and straiten my clothes so I would look presentable. I went down stairs to answer the door, and to my surprise Jason was at the door.

"How do you know where I live?"

"Nice to see you too Vicky." Jason said letting himself in "Why haven't you answer your phone? I was worried sick about you, the last text I got from you were you saying that you would come over later on that day. Then you never showed, and you never answered my text or calls, and when I showed up at your apartment Mel came you with some bullshit lie that you were sick and even then you still wouldn't answer my calls...it's like you were avoiding me, are you have doubts again, I mean what's going on?"

I walked over and sat on the couch, Jason took a seat next to me. I could feel the sweat on my hands as I was getting nervous about how this conversation was going to go.

"I saw what you did to that boy."

Jason eyes widen for a split second before he regain his composer.

"What boy?"

"Oh cut the crap Jason I saw you nearly beat that boy to a bloody pulp the other day"

Jason didn't say anything he just stared at his feet so I continued.

"And by the way your little friend, you know the one you beat up put a knife to my throat and told me to tell you to lay off or he will have to finish the job." I said as anger started to swell up inside of me from the thought of that.

"HE WHAT!?!" Jason said through gritted teeth, now Jason was the one pacing the floor and kick the couch in frustration.

"Are you some kind of drug dealer is that what you've been hiding, do you realize that you could have killed that boy? Oh and don't worry about him I doubt he will be bothering me again." I pause for a second to regain my composer "You know I thought that you were some amazing guy that I was lucky enough to be with. I don't know who you are, but you're not the guy that I thought I knew." I stood up and ran my hands through my hair. "So that's why I have been avoiding you for the past couple of days." By this time Jason was back on the couch with his head between his hands.

"Vicky I never meant for you to see that side of me." He said look at me now. "That's why I tried so hard to hide it from you it's not something I'm proud of, you have to believe me when I say that I never wanted to hurt you like this."

"Well Jason you have... I don't know if I can be in this relationship anymore, I refused to a part of that world that you've involved yourself with." I said trying to keep calm. Jason stood up and took my hand with his and my this time he looked like a wreck

"Then I won't be a part of that world anymore."

"What are you talking about?"

"If it means keeping you then I'll stop selling drugs just for you."

"You can't just quit like that can you?"

"I don't know but I'll do anything if it means keeping you around."

"Jason I don't know-" Jason gently took my face to make me look him in the eye

"Vicky you mean more to me than any stupid drugs, if quitting that means I can keep you around then that's a small price to pay, Vicky I love you and I don't want to lose you." He said as he kissed me on the lips. "To be honest I was actually going to quit... once I realized how strong my feeling are for you, I didn't want you to get involved with drugs or anything that comes with it."

"Jason-"

"Please Vicky just give me a chance I wont disappoint you." He said as he leaned his head against mine and rest his hands on my hips. It's funny because I'm always the one saying how stupid the girl in movies and books are for forgiving the guy so easily, but it's different when your actually in that situation, I just hope I don't come to regret my decision. God I must really falling for this boy.

"Ok but only if you promise to stay out of the drug business."

"I promise." He said smiling

"Jason I swear if I find out that-"

"Vicky I swear I'm out of it for good, I love you and I don't want to ruin what we have."

I couldn't help but smile at that, it was the first time someone outside my family said they loved me, and by looking into his eyes I could tell he really meant it.

"Are you going to say something?" he said looking a little nervous I smiled and pecked him on the lips "I love you too."