Chapter 24

“Are you okay?” I asked Jason rubbing his hand. It was the day after the shooting at our apartment, and Jason was sitting in the hospital bed looking extremely bored. It seems like our roles reversed.

“I’m fine I’m just ready to go.” Jason said squeezing my hand assuring me that he was fine.

“Aww but you just got here” Jason chuckled at my little joke. “But seriously I guess I know how you feel when someone is hurt because of you.” I said

“Hey don’t say that I probably had it coming anyways.”

“Don’t say that.” I murmur

“You should feel like a hero, I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you.”

“I should be the one saying that to you.” I said as I leaned on the hospital bed.

“Well lets call it even, its all over and no more Damon to worry about.”

I just smiled in response.

“Come here” Jason said pulling me to his bed.

“I don’t want to hurt you.”

“You won’t hurt me.”

I climbed into Jason’s bed and snuggled up next to him making sure not to hurt his injured arm.

“So I talked to the doctor earlier, he said you will be ready to go home in a few days which means you’ll be out just in time for Mel’s wedding.” I had a feeling Jason was rolling his eyes when I said this.

“Wonderful” he said sarcastically

“I love you”

“I love you too baby.” Jason said as he held me close with his good arm. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door, the door opens and Mel, Scott and Noah came in.

“Here you go, I didn’t know what color you like so I got you some pink flowers.” Mel said handing Jason a bouquet of pink flowers.

“Um thanks Mel you can put it over there on the table.” Jason said as he eyed the flowers like they were poison.

“How are you feeling man?” Scott asked Jason patting on the shoulder without hurting him.

“I’ve been better.”

“Did you really kill Damon?” Mel asked

“You killed someone?” Noah asked excited

“No sweetheart it’s just a figure of speech.” Mel said obviously forgetting that he was in the room.

“Is Nike ok?” Noah asked me.

“Nike is fine, she just still a little shaken up but she’s fine, I think she could use a friend though.” I said smiling at him.

“I’m her friend” Noah said excitedly

“Jason despite the fact that we argue and bicker like little children I still love you like a brother, and I’m glad to see that you’re okay especially after saving Vicky’s life. I don’t know what I’ll do without my best friend, so yes thank you very much.”

“Damn I didn’t see that coming, your welcome.”

 “Watch your mouth.” Mel said covering Noah’s ears. Scott and I smiled at each other happy to see that Mel and Jason are getting along for once.

“Well we should leave these two love birds alone I bet they have a lot of catching up to do,” Scott said as he winked at us leaving the room with Mel and Noah in tow.

            As a gift to Jason and I the doctors release Jason on Christmas day. It was the weirdest gift I ever received but I couldn’t been happier for it. Jason and I went to a hotel that I got until we could find a new apartment, because I refuse to stay in an apartment where a man was killed. Nike was staying at my parent’s house since the hotel doesn’t allow pets.

            A week later and Mel wedding day finally arrived.

“Are you ready?” I asked Mel handing her the bouquet.

“Ready as ever” Mel said grinning from ear to ear.  Mel looked stunning in her strapless satin wedding dress. She indeed look like a princess, she had her hair up in a classy bun along with chandelier earrings absolutely gorgeous. I looked in the mirror wiping my eyes carful not to mess up my make up, weddings always did this to me make me teary eyed. I fluff my hair letting it flow in soft curls down my back a little pass my shoulders. I looked down at my midnight blue bridesmaid dress straighten it out. I didn’t think I’ll like it at first, but now that I had it on it look really cute. It was a long and graceful one shoulder satin dress; it actually made me look taller even without my heels on.

“Need a napkin or something?”

“No need unlike you Vicky, I’m not going to cry.”

“I wasn’t crying my contacts were messing up.” I defended

“If you say so.”

“Okay well you knock them dead Mel” I said as Jason walked over to me, I saw Mel looking over at Jason and I smiling.

“What?” I asked

“Have I ever told you that you and Jason are a really hot couple?”

Jason did look really sexy, he was clean shaven with his dark hair slicked back, and had on a black tux with a midnight blue tie, and I was already getting lots of complements on my dress, I guess we were the hottest couple next to the bride and groom of course.

“Umm no” I said blushing “Just be ready to walk down the aisle Mel.” I said as Jason and I started walking down the aisle.

            The wedding ceremony was absolutely perfect. Mel got everything she wanted and that was no mistakes and lucky for her everything went as planed. Mel wanted to bring in the New Years during the reception, so here we are holding our glasses ten minutes before midnight.

“Well Mrs. Morgan you have any New Years resolutions?” I asked Mel as we stood out side on the balcony.

“Well just to have an amazing first year of marriage, and as well as many others of course.” Mel said smiling.

“Whoa what are you two doing out here it’s freezing.” Scott said as he and Jason joined us out on the balcony wrapping their jackets around us.

“I was just telling Vicky what my resolution would be, I see no harm in that.” Mel said as Scott wrapped his arms around his new wife.

“What’s your New Year resolution Vicky?” Mel asked

“Umm well...spending more time with my husband, a lot more time.” I said leaning against Jason’s shoulder.

“And for us to have a wonderful safe year.” Jason added

“I have my happily ever after what more do I need?” I whispered in Jason’s ear.

“Apparently a lot more time with me which I am more then happy to provide.” Jason said kissing me on my forehead.

“Okay the count down is starting!” Mel practically screamed

10….............9….................8…............7…..............6….............5

“I love you baby” Jason whispered in my ear

4…...........3…

“I love you too.” I whispered back.

2…...........1… “HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!”

We all shouted as we clinked our champagne glasses together, Mel and I kissed our husbands as we celebrated the New Year.

 This wasn’t the end; it was just a new beginning.   

A/N: I would like to thank you guys for reading my story and hoped you enjoyed it.     

vote and comment 

Sequel coming soon