Chapter 23

The next couple of weeks came and gone by pretty fast. Christmas is in a few days and I was coming home from Christmas shopping, plus I was really feeling the stress of Mel wedding she want it on New Years Eve, so that’s next week. I guess with all the up coming events I didn’t think about anything else, which was a good thing. Jason told his father about everything that’s been going on and his father started to let him come home earlier, because nether one of them want me to be home alone for too long. I walked into the apartment with a handful of shopping bags. I notice that Nike wasn’t jumping at my feet when I got in, she must be sleeping in her bed which doesn’t sound like a bad idea, I could use a nap about now. I sat all the shopping bags on the couch deciding to go through them later.

“Nike” I yelled, I know she must be hungry no answer, stubborn dog I sighed and walked in to the bedroom yawning as I put my keys on the dresser. When I turned on the light next to the dresser I notice a dark figure behind me in the mirror. My eyes widen and I gasped as I quickly turned around and saw a tall man behind me.

“Oh my God.” I whispered backing up on the dresser practically sitting on it now.

“Remember me?” the man said in a calm deep dark voice. His voice would have sounded really sexy if he wasn’t scaring the shit out of me right now. I stayed silent my mind was to frozen to say anything.

“Aww that hurts it’s only been like what six years?” the man said and that’s when I realized that the man standing in front of me was Damon. I didn’t regonize him because he had somewhat of a five o' clock shadow growing and shorter hair.

“What do you want?” I asked finally having the nerves to speak.

“To finish what we started of course” he said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. That’s when I heard a whimper behind the closet door.

“What the hell did you do to my dog?” I asked starting to get angry, I swear if he did something to Nike.

“You’re dog is fine I just made sure he’s out of the way, besides you should be more worried about yourself.” Damon said pulling out a gun from behind him, that when fear started coming back to me.

“y-you just got o-out of jail… do you r-really want to do this?” I pleaded as I was eyeing the gun nervously.

“Sweetheart jail doesn’t bother me and besides I’ve got the connections and the recourses to leave the country and disappear for good. That’s actually what I was planning to do as soon as I wrap up on some unfinished business; I’m the type of guy who likes to finish what he started.” He said smirking at me. “Then maybe when I’m done here I could pay your little friend a visit, take her out you know just for fun.” I guess Mel really did have something to worry about after all.

“Please just listen to me you already taught me a lesson once, if you leave I wont tell anyone about this and you can go about living your life the way you want it. Just please let this go.”

“Just so you know I wasn’t trying to teach you a lesson I was trying to get rid of you, you just got lucky.” Just as Damon said that the front door opend and closed.

“Vicky?” Jason yelled looking for me.

“Don’t say a word.” Damon said pointing the gun at me. I could feel my hands sweating as I push myself further on the dresser, like that was going to help. If only I could think of something clever like the girls you see on T.V or read in books.

“Hey Vic” Jason yelled again his voice was getting closer. Damon chuckled a little bit as if he found this all amusing.

“Vicky” Jason said walking in the room “What are you-“ he said as he stopped short when he saw Damon pointing a gun at me. 

“Let her go.” Jason snapped as he glared at Damon.

“Jason nice to see you it feels like forever since I last saw you.” Damon said ignoring Jason’s demand.

“It’s me you want not her, she didn’t do anything to you.”

“Is that what you think… is this not the same bitch that had me thrown in jail for six years, I’m sorry Jason you know me I like to hold grudges.”  Damon stated sarcastically

“Besides Jason you know deal if someone gets in the way of business they shall be dealt with.”

“I swear if you pull that trigger I will fuckin kill you.” Jason threatend. That was the first time I seen Jason this mad, Jason look so murderous and it made him look scary.

“I guess your going to have to kill me, cause this bitch is gonna die.” Damon yelled as he pulled the trigger.  Jason shot forward before I realized what was happening Jason pushed Damon’s arm sending the bullet flying past my head and into the mirror behind me. Jason punched Damon in the face sending him falling backwards hitting his head on the edge of the bed. Jason then kicked the gun out of Damon’s hand and pined him on the floor and started repeatedly punching him again and again in the face.

“Jason” I called, I didn’t want him to kill the man.

“Call 911” he yelled back as he punched a tooth out of Damon’s mouth. Just as I was about to pick up the phone Damon must have had serge of energy and shoved Jason off him. Before Jason had time to react Damon picked up the gun and shot him.

“Jason!” I yelled running towards Jason. Damon who was still standing over Jason pointed the gun at his head.

“Take one more step and hes dead.” Damon threaten. By this point so many things were going through my head. Jason was on the floor not moving, Nike is barking and scratching at the closet door and it’s making it hard to think.

“Damon please leave Jason alone and take me instead.” I said as tears were running down my face, all I wanted was that gun off Jason.

“Please you said it yourself you don’t like it when people stand in your way, well I’m in your way so shoot me instead.” I said stepping forward hoping he would point the gun at me instead of Jason.

“How fuckin noble of you, just a few minutes ago you were begging me not to kill you.”

From the corner of my eye I could see Jason moving around on the floor. Then Jason kicked Damon’s legs from under him, and the gun once again slipped out of Damon’s hand. Jason used his good arm to punch Damon again. Damon blocked Jason’s second punch and kicked Jason where he shot him. Jason clutched his shoulder in pain as Damon delivered a punch to Jason’s face, Damon took advantage of this situation and returned all the punches that Jason gave him. I saw the gun behind Damon, and before he could really go at it with Jason in his weaken state I grabbed the gun took a deep breath and shot Damon.

I was still frozen in that position with the gun still pointed at Damon as he collapsed on top of Jason. Jason pushed him off and stood up and walked over to me.

“It’s okay baby it’s over now.” Jason said as he took the gun out of my shaking hands. I collapse to the floor trembling.

“I killed someone.” I whispered

“Shh it’s okay.” Jason said as he bends down in front of me holding me and calming me down. I leaned my head against his shoulder trying not to hyperventilate while Jason was rubbing my back. My eyes widen when I lifted my head to see a pissed off Damon staggering toward us.

“Jason” I said as my voice started trembling. Jason must have sense him too as he grabbed the gun next to me and turned and shot Damon twice in the head, Damon collapsed to the grown for the final time.

“Are you okay?” Jason asked holding me with one arm.

“Are you? Your arm you’re losing a lot of blood.”

“I’m fine.” Jason said looking a little pale. Just then the police burst into the apartment guns out ready to fire, just as Jason was losing consciousness.

   "Jason!"