Chapter 23

SERIOUS QUESTION:
(I am leaving this up to my readers, because I honestly don't know what to do. I can end this story in like 7-10 short chapters, or I can end it in like 10-15. I'd just like to know if you'd prefer for it to be over quicker for the sequel or if you'd like me to give a little more details in this story and a little more intel into the next couple). I'd appreciate a response.

-----------------------

I sat down in my seat next to a highly amused Roman. This wasn't funny at all, I tried so hard just to fuck up. I honestly feel like I don't deserve him in any way. Maybe I should just - nope. There may be a slim chance of me letting him go so he can be happy, but he sure as hell won't be happy with Chad.

"So, my fellow friend, what is all of this ruckus". Even-though I'm annoyed, Roman seems to calm me, his terrible antics to mellow my mood worked. I rolled my eyes and bumped his shoulder with mine playfully before going back into my serious mode once I saw Chad. I turned away not even wanting to see him.

"Look what you did Derek, you just ran him off. Everything was perfectly fine before you came here, you fuck everything up". I wanted to speak with such vulgar words, but I knew that he'd only use them against me, so I kept quiet with tight lips.

The awkward silence was broken by Brants appearance. He showed up in a baby blue button down with a light coat over it and some dark jeans with tan loafers. He greeted everyone politely even though he could obviously sense the tension. He sat down with a huff waiting for someone to talk, but of course no one did. I could tell that Roman wanted to say something, but him and Brant were never too close, and Roman was never one to come off as fake, plus the mood didn't call for some cherry conversation. The silence left us all feeling awkward.

Brant looked around at all of us a couple of times before settling in his seat, preparing himself for the drama he knew to come. "What happened"? He asked resentfully.

Chad and I both spontaneously looked at each other, but neither of us said a single word. Roman groaned before reiterating our current situation to Brant. By the end of his speech Brant looked pissed off, and I couldn't tell why, it's not like any of this dealt with him.

"Are you fucking serious?" He questioned. "I've finally gotten a decent date, and I cancel it just to come and hang out with you two assholes who argue over everything?" He spat, signaling towards Chad and I. I went to speak up, but he silenced me once more. "Why the hell do either of you even care about it, either one of you needs to back down or neither of you should have him, because you're letting some guy get in the way of what used to be an un-breakable friendship".

Chad and I both shared a longing look for the bond we once had, but it was done, and there is no going back. "You had a date?" Asked Chad, who was trying to ease the mood.

"Yes. While you guys have been so fucking self centered and all up in this new guys ass I've been talking to Bailey, who is actually a sweet girl that doesn't start drama like Jess-"

"He doesn't-" I tried to defend him, but Brant was already a step ahead of me.

"You can say that, but all I've seen is drama that comes his way. It fucking follows him". I wanted to retaliate, but he was being honest; I still didn't care though, I want Jess. Brant slammed his hands on the table before standing up.

"Where are you going?" Asked a frantic Roman - well as frantic as he gets.

"To find better company".

"How about I come with you?" Brant threw him a funny look, but didn't further question it.  I was now left alone with Chad.