Chapter 36

Derek

It felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I could feel the joyful tears resting in my eyes. He's said that he wants to be with me, that means only me. I've waited for so long. I will never betray him or take him for granted ever again. I want him to stay by my side, for as long as I can humanly manage. He is my soulmate, at least I believe he is.

I let him out of grasp and tried to get out of the bed, but he pushed me down. I grabbed both of his hands overpowering him in strength. "I'm fine. I really don't even need to be here. We can still do something, still have a date". I couldn't help the excitement that poured into my voice. He lazily smiled as he looked into my eyes ... He's tired.

"What time is it?" I asked wondering if it was really so late. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and answered with 6:00. It's not too late, but I've been here far too long. My father has called a few times to check on me, and my mother held me on the phone for an entire hour before I was able to see Jess. Maybe it has been a long time for Jess, we need to go.

"How about we go watch some movies and relax?" I suggested. I don't want to push him too far if he already looks so exhausted. He didn't vocally respond, he nodded his head with his eyes closed and a cute closed mouth smile displayed on his lips. He's so cute, I don't even know how many times I can possibly think that. He yawned and I knew that it was time to go. I called a nurse into the room and went through every procedure before I could leave with Jess following on my trail.

When we walked outside of the hospital I grabbed his hand, I didn't even know how much I had missed this until I was able to feel it again. He leaned his head on my shoulder as we waited for my driver to come. My poor baby, he needs to go to sleep, and what better place for that than in my arms. I kissed his forehead before I brought his body in front of mines so that I could wrap both of my arms around him and allow him to lay his body weight on me.

He fell asleep on the way over there, so I decided to carry him to the room. He's so beautiful. I studied every freckle and mole that was randomly displayed on his face trying to remember every piece of him. He lay on my bed like a gentle angel. How could I ever hurt someone so beautiful inside and out? Oh how I love you my darling.

I didn't change his clothes since I didn't want him to think that I attempted something when I really didn't. I lay next to him and I too fell asleep at 7:37.