Chapter 27

Robyn Lawley is as close as I could get to the way I expect Derek's mother to look. Isn't she gorgeous ?!?!?!
P.s - I've tried going back in my story to see where I said his mom was, but I can't find it, so I apologize in advance if the location is wrong.
Also this chapter goes by very choppily, sorry for that, but this chapter is needed.
-------

I'm not going to lie, I'm really excited to see my mother. These last two days have had my stomach tied. I can't believe that in only a few hours I will see her. Seeing her also means that I have to tell her about Jess, which I'm not prepared for. I know my father said that I don't have to, but I know that he's just letting me make my own decisions, plus I need my mothers opinion.

I'm still curious about what my father has planned, but I guess I'll figure out soon enough. I'm in line waiting on a Starbucks coffee while my dad is sitting down waiting on our plane. Everyone here looks so tired and dreary or rushed and panicked; I fit into the first category. I don't know why my father decided that a 5:00 a.m flight would be nice, he normally plans our flights to be around 2:00 in the afternoon. He's too excited, and I'm too damn tired. The line has moved up by now and I was next, should I get a sandwich, maybe a cake pop? The barista at the register smiled appropriately, silently asking me what I would like. "Uh, I need a venti iced caramel latte with extra caramel, and a grande white chocolate mocha, with a heated chicken Santa Fe panini". I paid her precisely and then waited with all of the other coffee deprived people.

A non-stop six hour flight to Vancouver is going to be so uncomfortable, I don't know how my parents constantly do this, especially my mother, she's flying somewhere all of the time for business. I wonder if they even get jet lag anymore when they tend to have to go straight to meetings once they get off a plane. Ugh this is going to be a long flight.

-----------------

After the smooth landing and our flight attendant thanking us for flying their airline I took off my seat belt and stood up stretching my legs. Our bags were over our heads and everyone was trying at once to get their carry-on luggage down. It wasn't too crowded since it was indeed first class, but it was still annoying. People were turning their phones off of airplane mode getting ready to text and call whoever they needed to. My father and I waited a bit for the commotion to calm.

Once we were off the plane we traveled to baggage claim, waited for a good 10 minutes, and then our car had arrived to take us to my mother. My father wasn't smiling, but I didn't feel the usual stress that radiated off of him. It was nice. He was on his phone the whole car ride, probably business, but I was just glad that he wasn't pestering me about how to act in front of mother friends.

Once the car was parked in front of my mothers best friend's house a loud squeal rang through my ears. "Oh my babies!" I chuckled lightly kissing my mother on her cheek.

"Hey Ma". She squealed once more, kissing my forehead and my fathers lips.

"Get your stuff and come inside, I've made some sugar cookies, and oh I've also made a nice lunch for you two". My mother quickly walked inside in excitement. Yea, I've missed her.