Chapter 13

[unedited. Please help me find corrections if there is any.]

Today was Monday. Today was Monday and I wasn't prepared to go to school where I'd have to see him. It's only been two days, but since I know he must hate me it has felt like years have past. I wonder how he's doing, maybe he's doing just fine and I'm over estimating his feelings for me.

I decided to get ready and at least try to look somewhat decent. I did all the daily hygiene basics and pulled on some dark jeans a black short sleeve t-shirt and a grey hoodie that was lined with fur since I didn't know if there was a chance of snow. I picked up my backpack and went downstairs for breakfast. I walked past my dad and didn't even bother saying anything. I new that we weren't on good terms and it's stupid of me to think I can fix it. It'll be mended when the time is right. I put a frozen eggo waffle in the microwave since I didn't want to have to bother with Jen and her judgmental glances. I ate quickly as not to be in the tension anymore and left the house.

At least my driver wasn't mad at me. He kept up his usual conversation and I responded politely because I craved the company. We spoke of sports, American cuisine, and school work I had to pick up on. I was glad that he didn't pester into my personal life. I didn't want to get out of the car when we arrived, but I knew I couldn't be some baby.

I went strait to my locker and ignored my entire group. I was breathing hard and trying not to slam my fist into someone. Jess and Chad had walked straight past me and didn't even acknowledge me; I knew that they knew that I was here. I guess he is doing better than I thought, the little fucker doesn't even care. I sighed deeply and leaned against my locker. Maybe today won't be so bad.

The bell alerted us that is was time to get to class. I waited for the halls to clear a little, mostly so I wouldn't have to see Jess so soon. Was I a coward for not being able to speak to him about what happened, or was I just realistic? How would it go down if I did speak to him? Would he forgive me, would I forgive him?

I was headed to class when I was slammed into the lockers. I let out a grunt and looked strait into Chads crystal blue eyes. They held so much anger and rage that I was surprised he hasn't killed me yet.

"You little son of a bitch", he growled through his perfect white teeth. Everything was perfect about him, the only thing off was his red rimmed eyes. Had he been crying?

"Get the fuck off of me you bastard"! I yelled with just as much anger. He gripped my neck and started to squeeze. Is he crazy? I punched him in his jaw and he backed away with bloodlust in his eyes. He wants to kill me. "What's your problem asshole?"

"What's my problem?", he chucked venomously. "You're my problem. You hurt him so bad and all over nothing".

"He looked perfectly fine to me, and it wasn't over nothing. You two looked real cuddly together I hope you're happy because I'm doing just fine". I was lying strait through my teeth. I wasn't fine, I was hurting so bad on the inside. I felt like I needed to take deep breaths just to keep me alive.

"You're such a dick. We aren't together like that .I was comforting him because his damn parents are getting a divorce". I could see the shock on his face; he hadn't meant to say that, but it was too late.

"What?", I choked out feeling terrible about everything.

"Nothing. Get to class". He stormed away from me with his head in his hands. I rushed to class, somewhat because I shouldn't be late again and mostly because I needed to talk to Jess. I need to apologize for being such a dick, for jumping to conclusions, and everything. I should've talked to him first, I should've been the one he came to for comfort. Who am I kidding? Why would he ever come to me for comfort when I'm the one that has hurt him. I am so wrong and terrible.

I rushed into class about two minutes before the bell rang and Mrs. Delly looked at me with confusion. Probably because I looked like a maniac running into class wide eyed and breathing hard. I looked towards Jess's seat and he wasn't there. I know he's at school today so where is he? I went to Bailey and asked politely and she pointed to a place in the back. I sat my backpack on my desk and rushed over there.

"Jess". He kept his head down and wouldn't look me in the eye. "Jess please look at me, I'm so sorry. I need to know that you hear me", I pleaded. He looked up at me and I realized why I thought he was fine earlier. I couldn't see his eyes. Everything about him looked normal except his puffy blood red eyes. He yawned softly and I soon yawned after.

"Can we talk about this later, I really don't have the energy".

"Yea, okay sure. Whatever you want babe. Where and when?" I was so anxious to hear his voice and everything that he had to say that I didn't even hear the bell ring. Mrs. Delly had to tell me to return to my seat. I held a finger up to her and waited for his reply. He sighed deeply and looked at the teacher. She once again told me to go to my seat and I listened, only because I knew Jess wanted me to.

I tried to listen to the lesson I really did, but all I could do is look at Jess and the way he looked too exhausted as he typed on his computer. The one time I did look away it was to look at Brant. I glared at him until he felt my gaze. He stared back with a raised eyebrow. "Did you know"?, I whisper/growled.

"Know about wh-?"

"Did you know?", I growled once again with more finality.

"Yes", he replied quickly and looked up at the board.

"You knew, and you let me believe he was wrong?!". The entire class turned to me so I quieted down once again, but now I was getting an occasional stare from a noisy person; all I had to do was glare for them to look away.

"It wasn't my place to-".

"Bullshit", I spat out and turned back to Jess. I had to get him to forgive me, I needed him to know how sorry I was and how much I cared.

-------

So I guess I lied when I said this would be pretty long. At least I learned that when it comes to my stories I have to stop where I feel necessary and this is where it felt necessary for this chapter. Anyways I hope you liked.