Chapter 25

"Derek if you don't go pack your suitcase ..." My dad said for the umpteenth time today.

"I am dad I am". He glared at me until I finally got my lazy behind off of the couch. I don't understand why my dad is in such a rush. We're leaving in 3 days and he's acting like we're leaving in 3 hours. I didn't even have time to open my suitcase before he called me again.

I strolled back down the stairs just for him to ask me a stupid question. "Your mom likes light pink right?" I stared at him blandly giving him the answer to his question. "Yea, yea, I know she does, but I just ... Go pack". He sent me off to my room once again but before I could even take a step, "Derek?"

"Dad?" He rolled his eyes at my grouchy expression. "Will you help me pick out a light pink dress for your mother?"

Derek this, Derek that, the overuse of my name is getting annoying. "Which one is it? Do you want me to pack, or help you pick out a dress?"

"A dress".

I sighed going over to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of juice. "Fine, lets go". My father called our driver who would wait for us downstairs before grabbing his wallet and key. He tapped his foot waiting for me to down my drink, he's too energetic. I followed after him in my tan loafers. I always feel so casual next to my father, he's always in slacks and a button down, while jeans and a t-shirt are my normal attire.

People would glance at my father and I as we walked by; it can be a little irritating, but in general I feel flattered. The doorman smiled politely as my father greeted him; that is something I admire about my father, he tries very hard to be polite to everyone, even if he does believe that they are below him. I don't have that same mentality, if I try it feels too forced, so I stay quiet.

The driver opened the door for father and I as we silently settled into the backseats. My phone notified me quickly of a text message, I tried to ignore it, but my phone went off once more. I took a deep breath while reading a message from Roman.

Hey man what r u doing? We didn't get to talk much yesterday.

I don't want to talk much. I'm out finding something for my mother.

Where I'll come with.

Of course you will. I asked my father where we were going, and he replied politely with, Kate Spade. "You do know mother doesn't care much for over priced items". She prefers to shop at White House Black Market, Banana Republic, and several stores in the outlet.

"I know she won't buy them often, but she does enjoy the occasional gift". I looked at him suspiciously with a raised brow.

"What are you planning?"

"You'll see".

Kate Spade.

See you there.

-------

Yes I know this is a filler, but the next chapter will be a little better with some insight into the sequel.